Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took the plunge and upgraded from a 'mid-sport' cat back exhaust system to a 'full sport' quad exit exhaust system...Damn I love it!! Thought I'd share it incase anyone was also considering it

Got it done at MIJ exhaust in Birmingham, thats where I got the first sytem from and then spoke to Jay the owner and told him I wanted to upgrade. I initially didnt know how I wanted to upgrade but he got the car up on the ramp and he spent a fair bit of time going round the car and explaining it to me and what could be done. Really sound chap. So after watching them work their magic the car came off the ramp to a very wide grin! Not only does it look good, The sound is awesome!!

If I could figure out how to upload video I wud let you hear it too! heres the pics anyway:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
resisiting urge to make similar trip................... for similar set up.......................have to be sensible............................. wife will kill me..................... want it really bad

looks awsome we all want to hear the sound

·
Registered
13,004 Posts
I had mine done there 18 months ago, only difference is mine has the upswept end pipes.........the sound got better over the first few months after having it done......

I have never had the CD player on since having it done, much prefer listening to the exhaust.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
resisiting urge to make similar trip................... for similar set up.......................have to be sensible............................. wife will kill me..................... want it really bad

looks awsome we all want to hear the sound
hahaaha my mrs moans at me all the time i say well i better spend it or she might :cheese::lol:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I had mine done there 18 months ago, only difference is mine has the upswept end pipes.........the sound got better over the first few months after having it done......

I have never had the CD player on since having it done, much prefer listening to the exhaust.......:thumbs:
yea defo feeling that :):thumbs:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
yea defo feeling that :):thumbs:
but when none GTV person is in as passenger they always coment about

" you dont have your radio on"

and i always say in the 3.0 ....................no let me demonstate

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I love the look of the double twin chrome tail-pipes I think that's the one thing that would have made a GTV and Spider look even greater from the start. I don't know why Alfa didn't build them with at least double tail-pipes, even my little Mgf has double pipies, I think it look more balanced.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Well I took the plunge and upgraded from a 'mid-sport' cat back exhaust system to a 'full sport' quad exit exhaust system...Damn I love it!! Thought I'd share it incase anyone was also considering it

Got it done at MIJ exhaust in Birmingham, thats where I got the first sytem from and then spoke to Jay the owner and told him I wanted to upgrade. I initially didnt know how I wanted to upgrade but he got the car up on the ramp and he spent a fair bit of time going round the car and explaining it to me and what could be done. Really sound chap. So after watching them work their magic the car came off the ramp to a very wide grin! Not only does it look good, The sound is awesome!!

If I could figure out how to upload video I wud let you hear it too! heres the pics anyway:
They look lovely mate:cool: Did you have the mid or full sports?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

hahaha yes this is exactly what im like at the mo! It seems a shame when I turn prodigy on, much rather hear the growl of the quad!!

Yep, this is what Jay told me would happen, god knows what it will sound like when it settles in!

They look lovely mate:cool: Did you have the mid or full sports?
Yes mate this is the full sports set up. Jay at MIJ went through it with me and can basically set it to the tone you want.

Im Glad they are well appreciated, got a few extra goodies lined up such as de-cat pipe to get the real exhaust popping going and a few air intake mods. This car is so much fun to work on!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i'd be really keen to hear how this sounds with the twinnie as I'm considering something similar.
Is that a custom rear valance you've got there or did they modify the standard one for you?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'd be really keen to hear how this sounds with the twinnie as I'm considering something similar.
Is that a custom rear valance you've got there or did they modify the standard one for you?
Yeah, it sounds good, wud love to let you hear. again im not entirely sure how to post a video, think I have to put it on youtube then thread it or something right??

Yes it is the standard bumper, they just cut it identical on the right hand side and did quite a good job of it, a fairly simple job if your confident with a dremel!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yes mate, load it up on youtube and post a link :)

They'll do the bumper work too? Heard a lot of good things about this place. I fancy a new system but don't want one that's ridiculously loud, so it's nice to hear that they are happy to discuss all your options with you

1 - 20 of 41 Posts