Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I've done the right thing, but picked up my new (to me) GTV Twinnie at the weekend. Cam belt failure. Pretty straight for it's age. Wanted a project to help get my son involved in Alfas as he is getting into cars fullstop. Wish me luck!

Picking her up.

At home. Nice new garden ornament!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Photos like the first one don't do much for Alfa's reputation for unreliability :lol:

Although it does show their owners' unwavering solidarity :thumbs:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers guys, steep learning curve ahead I reckon. Rebuilt a 1500 MG Midget engine about 17 years ago but nothing since. The GTV is in pretty good nick for a 12 year old car, some of the paint has gone a little pink, couple of stone chips and 2 car park dinks but thats about it. Good service history too but only one belt change at 76K, now on 160K!! Anyway, I will keep you posted!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hi Mitch

Mind if I use your photo as a desktop background?

I have never before seen a vehicle with towed car parked across two sets of double yellow lines, a cross hatched section of carriageway and by the look of it, backed into a wall.

Do you by any chance wear a senior coppers uniform. If not, may I have one of your 'get out of jail free’ cards?

Oh, and best of luck with the rebuild.

Kind regards, Aggy

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1. If you like
2. It's not parked, the 156 has the engine running, just a quick pic as a record, there is no "cross hatch", just lines to indicate a turning area, it's a dead end, and no, I didn't hit the wall.
3. The road is as said a no through road, only residents use it so we weren't in anyones way, I'm sure any police would have been far too busy to notice.
4. Thanks.

·
Registered
162 Posts
That's one of the best angles to have caught the GTV from in the towing picture.
Looks great. Shame it's dead though... :D

Wish mine was red. :(

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good find mate' what a stunning looking 156SW that red thing not to bad as well :lol:
Yeah it's not bad for a tank! :lol:

The lengths people go to to avoid mowing the lawn :rolleyes:

All the best with your project Mitch ;) :D
Cheers Gibbo, I can't believe how calm the misses is being about it in "her" garden! She must love me I guess :lol:

1 - 20 of 343 Posts