Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I orignally posted this in the general discussion but not sure wether that was the right place? :confused:. Anyway really looking for some advice on the following:

Today I put down a deposit to exchange in my new Mito 155 09 plate with 5k miles + £800 cash back for a used (but mint condition) 2.2 Brera S 58 plate with 4.8k miles. My Mito has all the bells and whistles such as sunroof, bose, climate, 18" wheels, leather etc etc

Im due to swap the car tomorrow (weather was to bad today) and my monthly bill has gone up +70/month. Im confident it was a good price for the car as there were others I found that were older and more miles. What do you guys think? If you were in the position to make the swap what would you do.....

Mito or Brera?

Cheers all,

p.s. Is the standard speaker sytem really that bad? :lol:

N

·
0 Posts
You'll need an all-in-one powered sub at the least.
The standard 6 speakers just don't have enough bass
due to the weedy mid ranges in the back.

It's easy to fit stuff as there is an auxiliary fusebox
with a meaty feed already in the boot.

The only thing that would interest me on the MiTo is
the sunroof which I think is quite cool.

In all other respects the Brera is in a totally different class.

How did the testdrive go? Any low speed hesitancy?

·
Administrator
88,196 Posts
Why ask for advice now, isn't it a bit too late :confused: You've already made up your mind, done the deal & paid a deposit, so isn't it irrelevant now what anyone advises you.

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
Brera, Brera, Brera, Brera!!!:cool:!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,every time!!:cool:!!,,,,,,,,,,, sorry I know Mito is lovely looking car but a bit too small for my tastes.

N

·
0 Posts
Why ask for advice now, isn't it a bit too late :confused: You've already made up your mind, done the deal & paid a deposit, so isn't it irrelevant now what anyone advises you.
He wants reassurance now that he's got a big boy's car. ;)

·
Administrator
88,196 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
After spending time with both today - the Brera is much more car.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies guys :thumbs:

I couldnt do the test drive today due to the weather conditions, but ive put the deposit down on the condition that im happy with the car after the test drive. Ive driven the 2.4 159 TI before and I know how good the interior made you feel and it was in a different class to the Mito. I just dont want to make the wrong decision!!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll need an all-in-one powered sub at the least.
The standard 6 speakers just don't have enough bass
due to the weedy mid ranges in the back.

It's easy to fit stuff as there is an auxiliary fusebox
with a meaty feed already in the boot.

The only thing that would interest me on the MiTo is
the sunroof which I think is quite cool.

In all other respects the Brera is in a totally different class.

How did the testdrive go? Any low speed hesitancy?
Any idea on how much that would cost inc fitting to make it sound half decent? I dont know anything about sound stuff :lol:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Any idea on how much that would cost inc fitting to make it sound half decent? I dont know anything about sound stuff :lol:
I agree with Nev.

The stock speakers are already decent, although they can't work miracles and struggle to handle bass, mids and tops all together at volume.

I'm getting this installed for £350. It's compact, and can be strapped to the back seats or left flat in the boot if you need the ski hatch :)

N

·
0 Posts
That one looks sexy. Does it sound any good?

I had the Blaupunkt (now in storage ;)) and that helped
give the stereo an acceptable amount of bass.

The 159's set up is fine. For the moment. ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
That one looks sexy. Does it sound any good?
I think it's adequate to add just enough to the overall mix, and it "scales" (pun intended) well with volume :) It doesn't sound too dissimilar to the Bose subwoofer in the GT, actually.

Of course there are better boxes for drawing attention to yourself, but I think it's sufficient to create a more balanced sound that still sounds refined :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts