Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my new kart the outher day. My old one was abit out dated. The guy i bought it off won the British championship on this thing. PS its the same engine as me old one:)

What do you guys think:D

The next best thing from an Alfa!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Sweet mate, Use to do a bit of karting myself, use to go to the MK one which was outside (now closed :() Vicky Bulter Henderson went around the time i did (quite a few years ago) although I wasn't there, she drove the number 6 Kart, which I driven a couple of times, shame is closed, it was very modern.

Never actually brought a Kart, how much is a goodun?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea it does. Its 52 HP. Mines the open version so big carb ect, If i raced msa (ICC) i would have to restrict it to 48 i think.

0-60 in under 5 secs.

All in thats a 2005 chassis and an 03 engine. set me back £1950 with the data logger.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its proving realy hard to get used to lol.

This is the difference from old to new

Old, Foot clutch. New, hand clutch
Old, right foot brakeing. New, left foot braking
Old, left mounted gear stick. New, right mounted gear stick.
Old foward to go up gears. New, back to go up gears.

:lol:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just because of the setup of the chassis you have to use your right foot as the left foot cannot get to the brake as there is a support bracket in the way lol. And you need clutch to downshift.

So this way you can add seconds to your lap time.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
21,396 Posts
Gav, did you say it has a hand clutch? where is that mounted then? Is it like a motorbike lever system? (I think m/bikes have lever activated clutch).

54bhp? That must be such a laugh to drive, once you'e cracked it.

g

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The hand clutch is like a paddle lever behind the steering wheel on the left side. You can see it on the pics :)

Also a benefit is you can slip the clutch on cornering ect while thrashing it :D

And yea it mental. You can donut in 3rd gear. And on starts the front wheels lift :D

·
Registered
Mercedes 350e C-class estate (2015)
26,255 Posts
Interesting piece of kit, Gav :thumbs: Never been into carts myself but I can see it being a whole lotta fun :lol:

And all the right colors too for an alfisto - Red, white, green - well done :)

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
that looks so :cool: :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.