Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share with you my thoughts on my new baby.

Bit of background... You might be aware that my Giulietta Veloce was written off after a collision, last month. Well... I made the decision to replace it with a new one. I decided on a MultiAir, but this time I wanted it with a TCT gearbox so after several false starts I decided on the Collezione trim.

For those who don't know Collezione is a special edition which is an enhanced Exclusive. Which means unique 18" wheels, special paint schemes with a black roof. Inside gets uConnect, black and white leather seats, with heat and electric lumbar support on the front ones.

My car is in Alfa Red with a black roof and looks amazing. I loved the teledials on my Veloce but the wheels on mine really suit the car.

Inside the seats are really comfortable. they are firm but really support well. The heated seats really work superbly, toasting your bum in next to no time! The lumbar support is odd, as making something like that electrically adjustable for a one-off adjust seems like a waste of time but it's there and it's kind of nice when it moves about behind you!

The uConnect system makes Blue and Me look so primitive. It connected to my Samsung Galaxy with no trouble at all and even allows me to play Spotify through Bluetooth which I couldn't do without an FM adapter before. The DAB radio is new in a car and is welcome, though peeved that Radio X keeps cutting out in certain parts of Liverpool. I doubt I can blame the car for that... More Radio X's obsession with London and Manchester! Sound quality is really good.

On the road, the ride is much smoother than the Veloce. I think this is because it has standard suspension and not the firmer sports version. But it certainly handles and grips well enough and what is definitely much nicer is that there is no creaking from the suspension at all.

The engine is something I know very well as my last steed had a 170 MultiAir but this time is paired to the TCT box. Now I like this gearbox very much. In auto mode and in N it is very relaxing to drive. But I have found myself switching over to manual mode which is the best way to have in in Dynamic mode. Controversial but mine does not have paddles. I tried them on a test drive and didn't get on with them. However, changing gear with the lever is nice enough so I doubt I'll miss them.

Things I don't like? None. At least not that I have found yet! I simply love the car and comparing it to a 2010 Giulietta shows how far Alfa Romeo have gone to improve the quality of the car.

I'll post pics when I can.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I thought I would share with you my thoughts on my new baby.

Bit of background... You might be aware that my Giulietta Veloce was written off after a collision, last month. Well... I made the decision to replace it with a new one. I decided on a MultiAir, but this time I wanted it with a TCT gearbox so after several false starts I decided on the Collezione trim.

For those who don't know Collezione is a special edition which is an enhanced Exclusive. Which means unique 18" wheels, special paint schemes with a black roof. Inside gets uConnect, black and white leather seats, with heat and electric lumbar support on the front ones.

My car is in Alfa Red with a black roof and looks amazing. I loved the teledials on my Veloce but the wheels on mine really suit the car.

Inside the seats are really comfortable. they are firm but really support well. The heated seats really work superbly, toasting your bum in next to no time! The lumbar support is odd, as making something like that electrically adjustable for a one-off adjust seems like a waste of time but it's there and it's kind of nice when it moves about behind you!

The uConnect system makes Blue and Me look so primitive. It connected to my Samsung Galaxy with no trouble at all and even allows me to play Spotify through Bluetooth which I couldn't do without an FM adapter before. The DAB radio is new in a car and is welcome, though peeved that Radio X keeps cutting out in certain parts of Liverpool. I doubt I can blame the car for that... More Radio X's obsession with London and Manchester! Sound quality is really good.

On the road, the ride is much smoother than the Veloce. I think this is because it has standard suspension and not the firmer sports version. But it certainly handles and grips well enough and what is definitely much nicer is that there is no creaking from the suspension at all.

The engine is something I know very well as my last steed had a 170 MultiAir but this time is paired to the TCT box. Now I like this gearbox very much. In auto mode and in N it is very relaxing to drive. But I have found myself switching over to manual mode which is the best way to have in in Dynamic mode. Controversial but mine does not have paddles. I tried them on a test drive and didn't get on with them. However, changing gear with the lever is nice enough so I doubt I'll miss them.

Things I don't like? None. At least not that I have found yet! I simply love the car and comparing it to a 2010 Giulietta shows how far Alfa Romeo have gone to improve the quality of the car.

I'll post pics when I can.
Congratulations, I hope you will be very happy with your new car! The Multiair engine combined with TCT is a great combination. I drove a 2012 model for 3 years and it was excellent. In terms of the gearbox my experience was exactly the same as yours, i.e. automatic mode in N is great, automatic in D less so but like you say that's what manual is for and manual mode in D is a lot of fun. I do like the paddles, though, here in South Africa we get them as standard and I really enjoy using them. I also agree with you that Alfa did a good job with the facelift and running changes, my 2015 GQV definitely feels more solid and better built compared to my previous car. And yes, I agree with you about Uconnect, it works really well.

Enjoy your new car and let us know in a few months time how things are going!

Cheers.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,375 Posts
I bought an exclusive in October and can only echo your comments. I am missing the full leather, heated seats & 18" wheels so just a bit envious!! But series 1 is a definite step forward from series 0.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts