Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new computer today. an acer. Got it out the box and set it all up. Turned it on and instead of saying starting windows for the fist time it just started up like normal to the log in screen and there are two users, one called admin which is password protected and one called outher user which is a funny one as you have to type in a user name and a password. It must be a return that has not been reformated.

I could recover it but why should i.

I partner got it from Very.

Any thoughts on what i should do. I have rang them and somebody from the electronics dept is going to call me back. Not sure if they can do much as the item is sent from the manufacturer.

Thanks all

N

·
0 Posts
Hey Gavin, long time no hear. :thumbs:

If they offer a replacement, I'd take it.

You've no idea what the monkeys previous "owners"
have done to it....

;)

I mistakenly bought a "returned" Canon camera as a birthday present for
someone. (didn't read the French properly). It lasted 6 months and
only had 3 months warranty as a "restocked" item. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Send it back, demand a brand new replacement or your money back. You haven't got what you paid for, so they have no defence.

E

·
0 Posts
Just noticed somthing realy intresting. The windows 7 licence sticker says

windows 7 home prem OA acer group

??????????
Welcome back Gav. Does sound like it has been used, maybe just an ex demo but thats not the point you paid for one that hasn't been out the box.

As for the above that is pretty normal, companies like Acer will buy bulk licenses of the software that is specific to them.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol guys i cant get on it. Its password protected. I could take the HDD out and put it in my dock and look at the files on my laptop!

Its proberly a goverment computer. They always go missing

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The fliping warranty seal on the back is void!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This takes the p.

Surely they should give me a new one and discount me a bit for all the trouble. I will have to do my back in putting it back in the box (wink) my mrs will have to stay at home for when they pick it up and also when the new one arives.

Do you think they will try to blame this on me?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They most lightly will, but don't stand for it. That's how you got it. I'd even point out that how dare they send you a "New" PC that has been opened before as well as been used. There is no saying what "changes" have been made.

On a different tack though, when I hand over a new PC I always set it up for the new owners, with logins, themes, document and applications, already setup. But, I don't sell to the general public, so I tend to know the ppl who are getting the PC.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts