Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I traded the Scorpione in for a Giulietta QV TCT (Magnesio Grey). Its one of only 3 of this colour in SA..

Attached a few pics..

And this car is WAY better than Giulietta phase 1..

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very cool colour - looks like it has a bit of a matte finish?

Can you tell us in what ways it's better than the previous one?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats, Perreby! Awesome!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Congrats, PB! The TCT makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Congrats buddy! Why not a SC!? Just asking. She looks great! And also now you know why I love Alfa facelifts. They really address issues. Not just "change the bumpers and the lights" like Merc and BMW do. New seats, new tech throughout and a new experience in a car with the same great look! And a substantial increase innoerformance is this case! Enjoy her and keep her for longer than a few years. Just so the enjoyment overruns the drop in value :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@alastpa: Yes was taken at design quaters. Family member works there. Showed them the car.

@bnr: I had a heavily specced 125kw multiair. Was the first owner of Giulietta in SA. But it didn't feel as polished or upmarket as the facelift. Fit and finish feels much better. Feels like the handling has been tightend up too. Far less road noise and the uconnect million times better than blue&me. From my point of view at least.

@Ian. Why no SC? Well FIATSA wanted to make this one SC. I refused. The conversion is to expensive if you ask me. I am getting the body kit for SC and ill do tmss dp and novitec. Bet it will be faster than SC.

And Ian I briefly owned then sold a 458. Long story. Made a nice buck off it. But not the right time yet for permanent Fezza ownership.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I read in a motoring supplement that the 'updated' Giulietta will be reaching our shores at the end of the year ...

·
Registered
217 Posts
@bnr: I had a heavily specced 125kw multiair. Was the first owner of Giulietta in SA. But it didn't feel as polished or upmarket as the facelift. Fit and finish feels much better. Feels like the handling has been tightend up too. Far less road noise and the uconnect million times better than blue&me. From my point of view at least.
How would you describe the ride quality? I'm tempted to change from a GMA to a QV this year, or maybe next, but one of the things that's discouraging me a bit is that I've read that the shocks are quite hard. How different is it compared to the GMA?

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I hope you get your car sorted with the chip and kit but remember novitec doesn't get you 200+kW without meth and octane booster. Please make the rear diffuser black and the rest of the kit in the same colour as the rest of the car :smoker:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I just received the following response from RGM regarding mods available for an arbitrary GQV and costs involved:

Hi Ian

Thank you for your interest in selecting RGMotorsport and giving us the opportunity to show you what we can offer you.

All the technical information regarding Dyno graphs for Kw measured on the wheels and corrected back to fly wheel as well as the torque graphs are on the Squadra Corse. In order to ascertain the power delivery and torque we would need to get your vehicle in and run it on our dyno. A straight dyno run with no tuning costs R 969.inc

RGM – De cat and Map
RGM Techniflow 76mm stainless steel downpipe from the turbo charger R6000.inc
Remapping of the engine electronic both ignition timing and fuel and electronically increasing the boost by means of Uni Q Unichip R6000.inc
Serviceable performance air filter (K&N or BMC) R2000.inc

The option one as a package will cost R14 000.inc

The above option can be individually done until such time that they are all done the claimed percentage will not be reached, this conversion will give you performance figures taking your 173kW up to approximately 190kW and will take 2 days to complete. Booking is essential.

RGM – S1
RGM Techniflow 76mm stainless steel downpipe from the turbo charger R6000.inc
RGM Techniflow custom manufactured 63mm stainless steel performance exhaust system including removing of the catalytic convertor R14500.inc
Remapping of the engine electronic both ignition timing and fuel by means of Uni Q R6000.inc
Serviceable performance air filter (K&N or BMC) R2000.inc

The option 2 as a package will cost R28,500.inc

The above option can be individually done until such time that they are all done the claimed percentage will not reached, this conversion will give you performance figures taking your 173kW up to approximately 210kW will take 2-3 days to complete. Booking is essential.

Interesting to note that they do not use De Graaf, but their in-house Techniflow (Techniflow Exhausts - RGMotorsport | 2015) exhaust system which costs a bit more than De Graaf. Also note the exhaust size: 76mm downpipe to 63mm exhaust which is exactly what I had recommended to those who want to decat.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@ian, with DP and novitec and proper air filter im sure ill get close to RGM's claimed figures. Dont think RGM knows more about tuning Alfa's than Novitec.

And the point of the kit is the contrast of the matt black. Still want to see the matt grey SC in flesh before deciding on taking the kit.

@bnr. Ride of QV not nearly as bad as what you have read. Not much difference between the GMA and GQV to be honest. Its a lot smoother ride than my Punto tho. That thing was hard.

But Alfa certainly tightened up the steering on the new GQV. Nose doesnt float around nearly as much as the first ones. So much improved handling car.

Im very impressed with this car! Love it to bits!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
@ian, with DP and novitec and proper air filter im sure ill get close to RGM's claimed figures. Dont think RGM knows more about tuning Alfa's than Novitec.
Nobody even remotely suggested that. It's just that Novitec like the other chips, doesn't alter fueling. And Novitec claims 200kW (270bhp) for their Powerjet 3.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Bring the car to me, I'll accentuate its already good looks.:thumbup:

R2000 for a R750 filter.:paranoid:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts