Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
Alfa and Italian cars generally have strange histories and specs. The Brera and Spider were built on and off at Pininfarinas Grugliasco factory,with many stoppages , by Pininfarina workers with Bertone workers at the behest of the government so there were batches of special edition Spiders to simplify complexity. Towards the end there will have been lots of stuff left to use up. In the middle there were a lot of cars sitting at the docks and that’s why Prodrive were commissioned to create an upgrade pack to fit right there. And of course the parts that were swapped out got onto the market. I think it’s quite interesting!
The point is, the price list was pretty theoretical.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Looks great and I agree with your optional extras, compared to what Torquemeister said.

You car looks almost identical to mine, and I have 90% of your optional extras too, but under the hood I have a remapped 2.4. Such a stylish car, enjoy!

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Hood???.....its a bonnet my friend.....we don't want to be lowering ourselves to the standards of the colonies!!!! "Hood" just one step away from rockers (instead of sills) and fenders (instead of wings)!!! ....and then it will be guns to shoot the bad mo fo's that live in the " 'hood"!!!!! No no no ...that wont do at all!!;)

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Lol...true but I don't think his "remapped 2.4" is under that participate "hood"!

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
When you pull the lever handle on a Brera the dash display read out illuminates “Hood open”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Looks like a real find well done - must admit I didn't see that advertised anywhere.

You'll certainly notice the difference in power.

I've got one of the 2.0 JTDM Breras with a remap by Celtic Tuning and in over 3 years ownership it's only had the usual electrical faults - mechanically it's been sound and currently sits on 93K miles.

You won't have a problem selling yours - well serviced / oiled 2.0 JTDMs can do 200K miles +

Look forward to hearing about the new purchase!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Definitely a rare find and low mileage too. Almost unique.

Did it cost a lot?

Sent from my Brera 2.2 S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hood???.....its a bonnet my friend.....we don't want to be lowering ourselves to the standards of the colonies!!!! "Hood" just one step away from rockers (instead of sills) and fenders (instead of wings)!!! ....and then it will be guns to shoot the bad mo fo's that live in the " 'hood"!!!!! No no no ...that wont do at all!!;)
Well quite ...

There's already an increasing number of words and terms creeping into these shores e.g....

'Gotten'
'Oriented'
'On' the weekend
The endless uplifting of sentences (or is that Australia's quirk)?

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I wasnt being that serious!! Im on a couple of US Classic Charger forums....often have to google what they are on about!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts