Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

So yesterday I went to collect a 2010 Brera 3.2 Q4 Qtronic, with only 52,000 miles on the clock

It is a replacement for my trusty 2010 Brera 2.0 Jtdm, which is now showing 145,000 miles!

The time had come where I could sacrifice some fuel efficiency, I always wanted the V6 but a long commute meant the 2.0 Jtdm made a lot more sense. However a new job and shorter commute got me looking for a V6.

I couldn't resist this one when I saw it for sale last week, have a read below, I have never seen a Brera, especially a late one, with anything like this spec:

Exterior:

Genuine Prodrive 19's
Front and rear mudflaps (I believe to be genuine Alfa)
Bi-Xenons with auto-levelling and washers
Rear parking sensors - beeping from dash
Genuine Alfa indoor car cover in hold-all

Interior

Tan Poltrona Frau Leather
Full Electric seats with memory
Heated Seats
Electric Roof Blind (Black headlining)
Auto dipping rear view mirror
RadioNav Sat Nav (gps on roof)
Bose Speaker system
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Passenger Knee Airbag (My old one doesn't have this??)
Illuminated sill trims
Stainless sill covers
Brera S type steering wheel but with black stitching
Dark Brushed effect Centre and steering wheel trims
Under parcel shelf cargo net
Qtronic Gearbox with steering wheel paddles

Mods:

Lowered - cant see a brand on the springs
Eibach Wheels Spacers
Cloverleaf badges - probably coming off!

I really wish the original sale invoice was in with the paperwork to see what the original price of the car was, must be a few quids worth of extras

Has anyone seen a spec like this on a 'facelift' Brera before?

Pics to follow

Cheers

Mark

P.S - Brera 2.0 Jtdm will be up for sale once I have gotten a few jobs done, if anyone is interested give me a message

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks very tidy! Must have been one of the last Breras registered. Tan seats are great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did a HPI and it said registered on the 02/12/2010. Not sure when that actually finished production??

Rare enough to find a late Q4, must have been a special order at the very least

I bought a Mito new in 2009, when they were first released. I remember the salesman telling me that there were a few Brera S's still available, but anything else was special order from Italy with a long wait for it to be built

Regards

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
Hundreds of Breras were scrapped in Italy when they couldn’t shift them before the new euro emissions level made them unsaleable. They were offered to employees of Alfa and companies like Bertone according to a friend who worked at the latter at the time.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
That was one very clever person who specked that car, tan and red are perfect. Its a beut! If it had been a S , as much as I love them, you would have had black interior.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The lack of options is what put me off an S

Also I like the Q4 system - I'm not looking for a sports car!

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
So what do you think about the comparison of the two Brera’s. Does it live up to your expectations? I’ve driven lots of modern cars and surprisingly there’s a lot of cars that don’t live up to them

·
Registered
Brera TBi
196 Posts
Hi there, congrats on your new purchase.

I recently purchased a late 2010 Brera with similar spec and was curious of the cost, do I bought an origin spec / options brochure on eBay to add it all up.

I'll try and post some pics for you...

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Looks fantastic

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
There was an article on alfaclub.it about the last run of Giuliettas being made to use up remaining parts. There should be some equally interesting high specs from that too!
The dark console bezels were the nicest. Didn’t they do matching dark finish on the doortrim inserts and passenger side dash?

·
Registered
Brera TBi
196 Posts
This is the spec / options list.

Attachments

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
I remember getting sent a £3000 voucher by Alfa Romeo towards a new Brera in that year. A colleague went to look at buying a Mito and came out with a bargain Prodrive Brera! Last time I heard he’d moved onto a 4C. It’s good that the Brera is appreciated nowadays.

·
Registered
35,081 Posts
Hundreds of Breras were scrapped in Italy when they couldn’t shift them before the new euro emissions level made them unsaleable. They were offered to employees of Alfa and companies like Bertone according to a friend who worked at the latter at the time.
It was only 180 Breras, all 6 cylinder. Povere Brera.... link to Quattroruote forum discussion.

·
Banned
1,828 Posts
It was only 180 Breras, all 6 cylinder. Povere Brera.... link to Quattroruote forum discussion.
It’s not surprising they couldn’t sell them before the change of emission regulations. Isn’t the road tax in Italy much higher than what it is to tax the V6 in the U.K?

It was only about 3 years ago you could buy a brand new V6 JTS that’s in the Brera from Australia on a pallet without ancillaries for 2.5k (AUSD) on their ebay. I was thinking about shipping one as a spare.
It wasn’t long ago that someone on this forum was quoted £15K for a new engine from a U.K. Alfa Romeo main dealer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all

So yesterday I went to collect a 2010 Brera 3.2 Q4 Qtronic, with only 52,000 miles on the clock

It is a replacement for my trusty 2010 Brera 2.0 Jtdm, which is now showing 145,000 miles!

The time had come where I could sacrifice some fuel efficiency, I always wanted the V6 but a long commute meant the 2.0 Jtdm made a lot more sense. However a new job and shorter commute got me looking for a V6.

I couldn't resist this one when I saw it for sale last week, have a read below, I have never seen a Brera, especially a late one, with anything like this spec:

Exterior:

Genuine Prodrive 19's - came with 18" horseshoes so this is an upgrade - are they the Prodrives though? There were 19" ex Alfa and Ive even seen a 20" set of horseshoes although the latter I believe are aftermarket.
Front and rear mudflaps (I believe to be genuine Alfa) - option
Bi-Xenons with auto-levelling and washers - standard (should have washers on them too)
Rear parking sensors - beeping from dash - std
Genuine Alfa indoor car cover in hold-all - optional supplied by dealer - there is an exterior one kicking about too.

Interior

Tan Poltrona Frau Leather - Poltrona Frau was std on the 3.2
Full Electric seats with memory - std
Heated Seats -std
Electric Roof Blind (Black headlining) - std
Auto dipping rear view mirror - interesting as this was not supplied on the SG and Oz spec cars nor available
RadioNav Sat Nav (gps on roof) - optional
Bose Speaker system - std
Tyre pressure monitoring system - optional
Passenger Knee Airbag (My old one doesn't have this??) - std
Illuminated sill trims- std
Stainless sill covers - std
Brera S type steering wheel but with black stitching- std (its actually the TI wheel - nothing to do with the S Spec
Dark Brushed effect Centre and steering wheel trims - std on late models (my Singapore car was one of the last built in 2010)
Under parcel shelf cargo net - optional
Qtronic Gearbox with steering wheel paddles - standard

Mods:

Lowered - cant see a brand on the springs - this is likely to be like both my cars the 10mm lowered suspension as per TI spec so I think std.
Eibach Wheels Spacers - definitely aftermarket and definitely get rid of them - unless you like faster wear on already stressed suspension and steering components
Cloverleaf badges - probably coming off! - added on - I have similar ones on my current Bella and Im leaving them - theyre high class cast resin filled ones.

I really wish the original sale invoice was in with the paperwork to see what the original price of the car was, must be a few quids worth of extras

Has anyone seen a spec like this on a 'facelift' Brera before?

Pics to follow

Cheers

Mark

P.S - Brera 2.0 Jtdm will be up for sale once I have gotten a few jobs done, if anyone is interested give me a message
Hi Mark

I have had two 3.2VG Q4 Breras, one in Singapore (2010 build Series 2) and now one here in Australia (2007 build Series 1). Ive upgraded both to Prodrive S Spec but here is my take on your car and what was standard and what is a mod:

Exterior:

Genuine Prodrive 19's - came with 18" horseshoes so this is an upgrade - are they the Prodrives though? There were 19" ex Alfa and Ive even seen a 20" set of horseshoes although the latter I believe are aftermarket.
Front and rear mudflaps (I believe to be genuine Alfa) - option
Bi-Xenons with auto-levelling and washers - standard
Rear parking sensors - beeping from dash - std
Genuine Alfa indoor car cover in hold-all - optional supplied by dealer - there is an exterior one kicking about too.

Interior

Tan Poltrona Frau Leather - Poltrona Frau was std on the 3.2
Full Electric seats with memory - std
Heated Seats -std
Electric Roof Blind (Black headlining) - std
Auto dipping rear view mirror - interesting as this was not supplied on the SG and Oz spec cars nor available as option (I have one to fit ex a 159)
RadioNav Sat Nav (gps on roof) - optional
Bose Speaker system - std
Tyre pressure monitoring system - optional
Passenger Knee Airbag (My old one doesn't have this??) - std
Illuminated sill trims- std
Stainless sill covers - std
Brera S type steering wheel but with black stitching- std (its actually the TI wheel - nothing to do with the S Spec and is standard - the Series 1 had the crappy thin rimmed wheels)
Dark Brushed effect Centre and steering wheel trims - std on late models (my Singapore car was one of the last built in 2010 also with the all black dash headlining, seats etc - looks rather grim compared to my beautiful tan and wine interior with polished silver inserts on the Series 1)
Under parcel shelf cargo net - optional
Qtronic Gearbox with steering wheel paddles - standard

Mods:

Lowered - cant see a brand on the springs - this is likely to be like both my cars the 10mm lowered suspension as per TI spec so I think std.
Eibach Wheels Spacers - definitely aftermarket and definitely get rid of them - unless you like faster wear on already stressed suspension and steering components
Cloverleaf badges - probably coming off! - added on - I have similar ones on my current Bella and Im leaving them - theyre high class cast resin filled ones.

One option I wasnt aware of until too late after I had ordered my build to spec Brera in Singapore - leather dash centre console and door card cappings - hope you have that option?

But to your point the 3.2 was basically a well kitted unit. I had forward parking sensors also fitted by local dealer in Singapore before delivery - nicely integrated into front bumper.

Other mods I have done to mine now - as I said full S Spec suspension rims and exo tips (get a set if u can theyre super looking). The tips were fitted to a custom Wizard exo I purchased from UK (makes it sound like a Maser and improves response), Prodrive rims as I say, mud spats, and now looking at decatting the precats, fitting full sports main cat and a set of full flow extractors from Japan (boost HP) - (engine out for that one). Im tempted with the supercharger but hear too many stories of blown transmissions, diffs etc. I have cargo nets and cargo mat in the trunk and cargo nets in the foot wells and TI spec pedals (metal) and TI spec handbrake cover (theres a super rare full perforated leather version available). Oh and I did fit the TI steering wheel on this one because the original thin rimmed wheel looks and feels low rent.

One other thing - brakes. Feel soft? Yup direct from factory they are although they do pull you up. I have Tarox perforated and slotted discs front and rear, Tarox black pads and braided SS hoses. Stopping power? Oh yeah man it stops in a heartbeat now. Scarily good brakes. And decent rubber. Im on Michelin PSS at the moment and cant wait to ditch them and go back to Pirelli PZs. Much quieter, especially on our coarse chip highways (get a lot of mud and black ice here in Tasmania so AWD is essential kit).

In Oz the 3.2s came standard with the Bose 6 stacker CD in the trunk.

And they drink like a fish. I average around 11.0 l per 100km and that is at least 70 - 80% 100-120KMH driving on highways. They like E10 (95RON) ok and dont mind 98 but the latter is really just a feel good. Improved FC? Dont believe the V Power Marketing BS..... Enjoy !

Cheers

Simon

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whilst I do not wish to start an argument, most of what you list as standard is shown as optional in the UK brochure shown in a previous reply.

The springs are not Alfa, they are aftermarket

The wheels are Prodrive and I don't know which wheels it came with

I challenge you to find a late model UK Brera currently for sale with electric heated seats, roof blind, Bose, passenger knee airbag, illuminated sill trims and the stainless trim, Bi-Xenons etc. All of this you have listed as Standard equipment

I like it with the wheel spacers fitted

You have assumed I know nothing about cars. I build and look after some serious race cars for a living. I did not ask for mechanical advice not do I currently want it.

I can't help but feel you have hijacked my thread to belittle my car and brag about you own

Please start your own thread about your own car

If an Admin pips by could you please delete the reply from Torquemeister and this reply from myself

Regards

1 - 20 of 31 Posts