Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up Stefaans GTV today.

A few bits and bobs is needed, nothing major.

It feels great to be back in an Alfa again, it was a difficult month and a few days without an Alfa in my yard.

The car looks good, I paid a fair price for it, but theres a few things I need to sort out, parts are arriving Monday, Ill need get my tools out and my workshop manual.

Im pkanning on changing alot of things on the car, BUT...now my dad calls me and wants to do a swop, Red GTV for red 156GTA...hhhmmmm

Will keep updated

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
If you need the family man car: 156.
If you are still thinking you are not old enough to label yourself as that (even with all the kids, white and white picket fence) keep the GTV.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have FK drop links, need to change that today maybe.

Need to align the front bumper.

Then depending on when my parts arive, chabge rear engine/gearbox mount as its clearly f'd.

Need to align the lights, not adjust, align the one is more backwards than the other one.

Need to take the car back to Stefaans, the hydrolic lifters are noisy from 2500-3000rpm, doesnt sound nice.

Need to align the doors, they dont close lekker.

Need to fix both windows, one dont wind up properly so is open, getting the mechanism for this Monday, the drivers side seems with the door being unaligned, also lets in air.

Other than that, engine redone, belts done, car drives well bar the jumping because of drop links, drive shaft hit when I gun it because of the rear mount being f'd, so itll take my time with this one, I see one being stripped in JHB...

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-UL00 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Congrats Lance.... good choice, GTV or the GTA, whichever you decide

·
Registered
474 Posts
These GTV's are fantastic cars! Enjoy and congrats!

As far as choosing between two Alfas goes, it aint easy but whatever choice you make, I have learned that you love them both in the end, regardless.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Get a pro to do door alignment. Windows you can align yourself. Just involves removal of door card and patience. Also make sure rubber seals are all in grooves.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
When you say the doors don't align are the shut lines not consistent or do they just drag against the outer door seals. Like El said door seals should just be pushed into their grooves. Inconsistent shutlines worries me because it could mean a knock during its life.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car is returned to Stefaans...a short love affair.
So this thread can ma be deleted, it was an amicable return, reasons will be kept to ourselves, if you really interested contact either of us.

Just didn't feel right from my side, I love it when deals can be done like this, I buy, change my mind and I am allowed to take it back because the seller wants it back as well lol.

kay thanks bey.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Lance I have the manual explaining window alignment. It is VERY tricky in a GTV. It should be available on the GTV forum as well. The windows need to be aligned front-back, angle of tilt (towards or away from the car) and pitch angle (difference in angle between front and rear). Get one wrong and you have either a very wind-noisy car or you break your glass when closing the door.

Take both: GTV as well as GTA. Tell your dad he can buy his own GTV. He is a big boy now. Don't pay for the GTA because Daddy. They got more money than the bank and are designed to give everything to their sons.

pdf manuals available here: .:BerlinaSportivo - Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 and Sports Saloons on the net:.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Lance I have the manual explaining window alignment. It is VERY tricky in a GTV. It should be available on the GTV forum as well. The windows need to be aligned front-back, angle of tilt (towards or away from the car) and pitch angle (difference in angle between front and rear). Get one wrong and you have either a very wind-noisy car or you break your glass when closing the door. There is a special trick to doing this on page 10/5 of the manual.

Take both: GTV as well as GTA. Tell your dad he can buy his own GTV. He is a big boy now. Don't pay for the GTA because Daddy. They got more money than the bank and are designed to give everything to their sons.

pdf manuals available here: .:BerlinaSportivo - Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 and Sports Saloons on the net:.

If you already have these manuals, go to the "Spider-GTV Index --> Volume 2 --> Bodywork --> Doors. When done, then go to Bonnet and adjust as per manual, then do the bumper. Do not try to pull the bonnet down too low or you will not be able to open it using the release mechanism in the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts