Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out my ride y'all. I'm working in the US for 3 months and this is the pool car they've given me. 5.7L Hemi V8 :cool:

You can see a normal size car next to it :lol:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
So was I the first time I drove it :lol:
Give it a chance and you'll find its charms soon. :D

Take it from me, a Yank Tank driver. :cool:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been for a little pootle down the I85 to Greenville in it, still not impressed! Woeful kickdown... how can a 5.7 be so slow? Imagine it would be pretty comfortable for a mammoth cross-country road trip, though.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
What you doing over there in the land of the lard arses?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been sent on a 3 month secondment to whip our US office's engineering department into shape... yeeeeehawww!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
i drove one of them in the states. like driving in your armchair. naturally it's too big to actually move fast but that's not really what american driving is all about.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great engine, wrong vehicle!
Quite!

Will probably take it for a nice long road trip one weekend, it might make more sense then...?

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
Off a cliff?

Seriously, dear Americans, if you are going to insist on putting a V8 in something, it should either be in some sort of snarling Dodge charger (or whatever you call them), or it should be in one of those mobile house things you are so fond of - just do not put it in the American equivalent of a Renault Espace :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
I finally found what SUV you're driving. A Chrysler Aspen! It was last produced in 2008.

Are you absolutely sure of what engine the one you have actually has under the hood?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I finally found what SUV you're driving. A Chrysler Aspen! It was last produced in 2008.

Are you absolutely sure of what engine the one you have actually has under the hood?
Fairly sure...

It's back in the 'shop' now though because the engine light came on :rolleyes: so I have another pool car tonight... Yeeeeehawwwwww!!

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Fairly sure...

It's back in the 'shop' now though because the engine light came on :rolleyes: so I have another pool car tonight... Yeeeeehawwwwww!!
Weird, that engine is supposed to produce 335 hp, so it shouldn't feel slow or underpowered in any way... I smell a rat.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts