Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so I picked up my 159 2.4 on Satuday. What a car! Its much much better than I thought. I was a little unsure I had made the right decision as I test drove a TI and I have the lusso but the difference is minimal so far as I can tell??? Are the lights poor on other peoples 159's? Can I upgrade the bulbs? Im doing 21mpg at the mo (town and fast b road driving) what does everyone else get? The brakes are very good too, over 180mile drive yesterday (in wales past Bala) and I had no break fade at all- thats a first!!

Anyway back to driving the thing now....... chears

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Congrats on the car. Lights (standard) are great IMHO. 21mpg:eek: Glad I got the petrol:)

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Wow the 2.2 does 21mpg in London traffic!

Great car though. The only differences on the TI are cosmetic (except Blue & Me which is a great toy, hope you spec'd that). What size alloys did you get? TI gets 19"s, but 18"s would also give tons of grip and 17" would be fine too.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Wow the 2.2 does 21mpg in London traffic!

Great car though. The only differences on the TI are cosmetic (except Blue & Me which is a great toy, hope you spec'd that). What size alloys did you get? TI gets 19"s, but 18"s would also give tons of grip and 17" would be fine too.

The Ti has lowered (20mm) sports suspension too:D

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
I think the standard lights on my car are great (a HUGE improvement over the 156 and 166). 21mpg is low but will improve (I get around 30mpg in town after 12,000 miles). You might have to wait for a while though.

Make sure the car gets a good run on a motorway or A road frequently to clear out the particle filter.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great news Rossini :thumbs:

You might want to check the headlights are aligned correctly? Mine were way out when I bought it; thought I was getting millions of 'Alfa flashes' (even from non-Alfas) until I realised the headlights were shining less at the road and more into other drivers' faces.

Enjoy the car :cool:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ye, I will get the light checked, they seem to point together so when going round corners I have no idea what is there? The wheels are 17's I wanted the 18's but I didnt speck the car as I needed the car asap. I ahve B&M but it does not work, I took it to dobs Hill yeaterday and they said it wont work until they get the new software from alfa some time next month. So only a few more weeks of lugging the cd's around.... Has anyone put better pads on their car? The brakes feel good, so is it worth putting red stuff pads on for example?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats Rossini,

Great choice - economy gets better....
The B&M issue sounds like Bo**ocks from your dealer. The existing B&M version works fine almost all the time for everyone.
I'd suggest you read the manual super carefully and try and join a phone to it. If that works then back to the dealer and have a chat....

good luck

VL159

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What doesn't work. Phone or MP3?
boath, I didnt get any instructions with the car for the B&M so I have no idea how to work it.... The dealer said its cars only around my cars build date that are affected by this???

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Sounds rubbish. Download the B&M manual from the fiat website (it seems to be the best manual) and have a go.

For music the tracks must be MP3 or WMV files. Load some tracks onto a USB stick and plug it into the socket in the glovebox. Give the stick a few minutes to load the library and the tracks should play.

Follow the menu for phone pairing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
boath, I didnt get any instructions with the car for the B&M so I have no idea how to work it.... The dealer said its cars only around my cars build date that are affected by this???
hopefully this helps
http://www.fiat.com/FIAT_COM/uploads/PB_TMPL_SHOWROOM/1074063122/20060711/603.46.907 GR 199 GB.pdf

Fraser is right, put a bit of music on a USB stick, plug it into the glovebox mounted USB socket and enjoy....
IF you have a USB stick with a little flashing LED, that should blink at you. This might tell you whether the USB and B&M system is powered correctly.

The software excuse just doesn't wash. There have been so few issues with it the current software revisions are fine otherwise this forum would be covered in "My Blue&Me doesn't work" posts.

best
VL159

1 - 15 of 15 Posts