Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the 24hrs to go thread :thumbs:

I have now collected my new 159 2.4 Jtdm Ti from Picadilly Motors Harrogate, I travelled up from Bournemouth last Friday and picked it up that afternoon and spent the rest of the weekend with friends in Huddersfield.

The service I received from Picadilly Motors (Big Thanks to Darren Small :thumbs:(sales) has been first class from the moment I placed my order to the moment I drove away.
I have been fortunate enough to buy many new cars over the years but this is the first time it has ever felt special, The whole Alfa ethos seems to be that you are buying into something not just buying a car.
The car itself is simply fantastic:cool: I was hoping it would be good but it is far far better than I expected, The looks are why I ordered one (never having driven one!) but the drive the seating position, gadgets and the performance are just fab, its not in the same performance bracket as my chipped Focus ST but it is much more spritely than I thought (although I will be looking at tuning boxes in the future).
All in all I am well pleased with my purchase and very much enjoying that "Special feeling each time I drive it":)

Pictures will follow very soon as it looks stunning in white :cool:.

Mike..

159 2.4 Jtdm Ti Saloon Ghiaccio White / Natural Leather
Bi-Xenons/Headlight Wash
Electric Seats with Memory
Bose Sound Upgrade with Amp & Sub
Electric Folding Mirrors with Memory
Front & Rear Parking Sensors
Visibility Pack
Passenger Knee Air Bag
Utility Pack

·
Registered
252 Posts
At last your wait is over -congratulations on a fabulous car. hopefully its sunny when you take the pics, since a gleaming white Ti is a thing of beauty!!:cool:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Sh*t a brick! :p That IS fully loaded!! :cool: Come on life's better with pictures!! :D

So did you order one from central stock then? (If so, you were lucky getting pretty much the whole options list in one car lol) Or did you have to place a factory order?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sh*t a brick! :p That IS fully loaded!! :cool: Come on life's better with pictures!! :D

So did you order one from central stock then? (If so, you were lucky getting pretty much the whole options list in one car lol) Or did you have to place a factory order?
I ordered a car in white with natural leather and asked for all the options you can see on my list although I also wanted Tri-Zone climate and I did not ask for the passenger knee airbag.
I got a call the following day saying there was a car built with everything I wanted but not Tri-Zone although it had the passenger airbag.

The car had been built for a Director of Alfa UK and I was told that if I was prepared to forgo the Tri-Zone they could make a call and ask Alfa UK if they would release the car for sale which would save a long wait for a factory order.

The call was made to Alfa UK and they agreed to the car being sold as long as we could all agree to a price! After several days of haggling I managed to get £5725 off the list price which I was more than happy with.
All I had to do is wait 5 weeks for the car to finish it's journey from the port etc to the dealers.

Pictures will follow very soon I promise:D

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Yep some piccies would be good!:D:thumbs: Congrats on the Ti.:cool:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mike,

Sounds like you've chosen a lovely car, I think the 159 in white with the 19" wheels is one of the best looking cars on the road, very special indeed, I'm sure you'll have many admiring looks over the next few months - then you'll get used to them and no longer notice - I used to have the same admiration with my old GTV V6!

I'm looking forward to collecting my 159 this Saturday - Lusso spec in silver (couldn't find one with the 19's but not a bad second choice!) Can't wait - only two more days to go!!

Enjoy the car and the special feeling that you get from owning an Alfa - you'll never be without one now!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hope to see it in the flesh this weekend ;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey fireandskill1. I've just changed from an ST to a 159 2.4 as well. Totally agree with everything you say and still not disappointed!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey fireandskill1. I've just changed from an ST to a 159 2.4 as well. Totally agree with everything you say and still not disappointed!
Nice to know someone else that has made the exact same change as me:thumbs:

Hope to see it in the flesh this weekend ;-)
I will hopefully give you a call Sunday and if you are about I will bring it over Mark:D

I will be getting the camera out tomorrow as I am not working so finally I will be able to post some pics before the forum masses turn nasty LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts