Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Very happy with my purchase of a light blue 156 1.8 Veloce today. What a car.

It has a faulty display on the info centre but I have another recon unit to replace it with plus the N/S rear door handle is partly broken. I have the spare for that too. Hopefully not too difficult to change.

The right-hand temperature control is a bit hit and miss. Is there an easy fix for this? You almost have to spin it to change the temperature.

The passenger rear window doesn't go down either. Any ideas before I start playing around?

Other than a couple of minor blemishes, it's pretty much immaculate, comes with a fresh MOT, new 147 Compezionne 17-inch alloys, FSH, just been serviced, new brakes all round and, and, and.....

I've washed it, clay barred it and polished it. 47,000 genuine and validated miles. Feels as tight as a drum. Can't believe I got it for £1,150!

Cam belt was done 15,000 miles ago in late 2012 along with water pump and variator so will change again for peace of mind. Other than that, I think we'll get on well together!

Attachments

Reactions: Muskie

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Gabianno blue I believe. Does it have lowering springs? It's a handsome looking thing.

I really wouldn't worry about fixing the info centre, heating controls or rear window. These are none essential items that by not working just add to the alfa ownership experience.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Nice looking car. Seems v good price too. Get that cambelt done!

Window could be mechanism seized. Take the pod off and have a look.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys. It's on very limited use until the belt, water pump, pulley and tensioner has been done. Variator was done 15,000 miles ago along with cam belt but understand the time aspect. Hopefully time is kinder than mileage!

It has lowering springs fitted. Rides and handles beautifully.

It really is a very straight, beautiful car and drives like new. I'm amazed at all the history. Just been serviced and MOT until Jan 2017. No rust on the floor pans or sills and no nasty bush noises at all. A great fun car and looks amazing with its new wheels. Wouldn't sell it for less than £2,000 if I was selling it. Worth every penny. What a car!

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Rear window will almost certainly be the mechanism inside the door. Seizure is very common. It is almost certainly NOT the window switches. If you listen as you press the switch up and down you will probably hear a small click type noise from inside the door. This is the motor trying to work against the seized cable. Second hand units are available and fairly easy to fit.

I have never had one apart but I think a replacement info centre will display either the mileage in the new info centre or the mileage on the car ECU depending on which is highest or is it just the display that you are replacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts