Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it isn't strictly new. But it is to me.

I've just fitted a set of 18's and I realise that I haven't enough pics, but its a 147 2.0 Lusso.

It also has a CSC backbox and soon to be a ragazzon straight through centre section.

Lovely little car.

I've got a set of Eibach Springs and Koni FSD's that I will be fitting over the next 3 weeks.

Watch this space. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I take it the garage sorted out you another tyre? Thought you was going to wait and get them balanced? They are looking good and will look even better when you get the Eibach springs on. How much are you lowering it by? Koni FSD's - these are the one you said to fit to my GTA?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Time to update your Avatar then :thumbs:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take it the garage sorted out you another tyre? Thought you was going to wait and get them balanced? They are looking good and will look even better when you get the Eibach springs on. How much are you lowering it by? Koni FSD's - these are the one you said to fit to my GTA?
Dropping by 30mm thanks to the Eibach springs.

The Koni's don't affect the ride height. :)

The garage next door had a set of 1/4 worn michelin Pilot Sports. In my size! :cool:

£120 balanced. :cool: I fitted them myself with their airgun and jacks ;)

I kept the crappy Ventus tyres on the rear wheels :)

S

·
0 Posts
Very nice Joe!! Is the ride any different from the 17" like on mine :confused: :confused:

Im tempted to get mine lowerd as well but not 100% sure yet, can't wait to see your at the next Essex Meet.

When is that by the way :confused:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
do it cunn i dropped mine by 30mm and the difference is great, it doesn't look silly it just has a nice stance now!

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
do it cunn i dropped mine by 30mm and the difference is great, it doesn't look silly it just has a nice stance now!
Better handling to I bet

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice Joe!! Is the ride any different from the 17" like on mine :confused: :confused:

Im tempted to get mine lowerd as well but not 100% sure yet, can't wait to see your at the next Essex Meet.

When is that by the way :confused:
4th Wednesday of every month. :)

The ride quality is no different. There alloys are even lighter than the old ones!!!!!

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
What size are the tyres Joe? 225/40?

Looks lovely, will look even better 30mm lower. :cool:

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
Jealous :mad:

Would love some 18"s on mine, once I get the suspension sorted. :)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You mean, when you buy some suspension! ;)

Anyway, I need to drop and fit the konis :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
droped mine 30mm (ish) looks and handles a lot better now but the rides bumpier and i only have 16's on would love bigger but it would be too rough on the old bones:cry:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
looks good on the 18's. i thought mine was tight on 17's with 225/45/17s. saw the pics for the rolling road day did it make much difference after the remap? I was very tempted to try and trade my 147 for your GTA when you had it up but only decieded for sure i really wanted one after you sold it. Russe's GTA is quite tempting but a bit high on the miles and a bloody log way from Cardiff:lol:

here are a couple of pics of my 147.
would like FSD's and Eibach's on mine but i wont get it back when i find the GTA with my name on it :)

Attachments

·
Vendor
46,139 Posts
You mean, when you buy some suspension! ;)

Anyway, I need to drop and fit the konis :cool:
:lol:

Yeah, those coilovers may as well just be solid metal bars, there is no give whatsoever.. Lovely on smooth roundabouts but a pain on anything else.

Look forward to seeing some more pics once its lowered. Do you have a date for fitment yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts