Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having recently purchased the Busso engined car I have wanted for some time in the shape of a GTV and having undertaken a month long road test for the V6 to see if I can live with it ( and its fuel habit) I have decided its time for my GT to go to another home...

Those of you that know the car you will be aware of the standard to which it has been kept, for posterity I will list everything that has been done in the time I have owned it.

first maintenance stuff...

oil and filters every 6k.

in the last year alone alone the car has had..

new track rod ends and alignment
SMF and GTA clutch conversion, gear box oil at the same time.
new master cylinder
new slave cylinder
new rear brake pads, fronts are autolusso performance friction, fluid has been replaced recently as well with racing spec.
new radiator
new MAF, MAP ( 3 bar) and solenoid switch, replaced when the turbo was done, along with new vac hoses.
waxoyled twice in my ownership.
new handbrake cables
drivers door check strap
4x toyo proxes TR1 with plenty of life left in them ( 10k easy)
bulbs all replaced with Philips nightbreaker extreme.
lower arms replaced uppers polybushed.
EGR and swirl flaps deleted so no problems there at all.
glow plugs replaced
fuel filter
new heavy duty battery in 2016
cambelt was done at 76k and 2 years ago along with idlers tensioners and water pump so has a good while to run yet..(even if you reduce it to 4 years and 60k for safety)
the car also had a new steering rack fitted just after I purchased it.
oil cooler unions have been waxoyled and checked regularly and look solid..as does the cooler itself.

as you can imagine ,oil and coolant are checked weekly, but it uses none of either between services.

now onto the mods

Autolusso Hybrid turbo and remap, this was done on the Hub dyno along with Damien's car, my car has the same map, car is pushing 240 BHP and just under 600NM of torque. It still gets 50mpg and has been utterly reliable...if you wanted to take it further water meth could be fitted for another 10-12 BHP.

The car has had EGR and swirl flaps deleted as well and has a de-cat down pipe.

The anti shudder valve has been deleted as well and all the turbo pipes are custom stainless from Italy so will never fail, all the hose connectors are brand new along with the heavy duty hose clips. The air filter is K&N.

there is an M-tech short shifter kit fitted as well meaning the gear changes are fast and precise and it's easier to stay on boost when making progress, top hat bushes have also been replaced.

Suspension is Bilstein B12's with the eibach ARB kit,and a novitec strut brace. The gearbox has a Quaife fitted and as you would expect with these handling mods the car sticks to the road like glue, corners beautifully,and the stance is spot on at around 20mm lower than standard height meaning speed humps are negotiable, new ARB droplinks were fitted at the same time, 3mm hubcentric spacers have been fitted all round along with new wheel bolts and wheel bolt covers to finish of the look.

exterior mods comprise a leon Cupra splitter, Novitec light covers, large lack and silver cloverleaf decals, black and silver bonnet and boot badges and wheel centre caps , and beautifully powder coated blackline alloys in anthracite...calipers have been painted red and have Alfa decals applied. there is even a cargo net in the boot to hold your shopping down when using the car sensibly.

The Interior has leather covers on the grab handles a simone racing gear knob and connects2 bluetooth fitted with SWC, aircon blows cold, and all interior switches climate control , work as they should, there is a custome made phone mount which you can see in the pics witha magnetic phone holder attached, solves the annoying problem of where tp mount a phone!...

I have have replaced both Window control modules so ther will be no issues there.

drivers door handle has been replaced as well so you won't have that to look forward to either!

In short an impeccably well maintained car with all of the usual GT stuff taken care of, In addition the mods give you GTA performance with diesel economy.

Feel free to Phone Loz at autolusso South, he will vouch fo the car as other than the hybrid turbo, mapping , SMF and GTA clutch which was done by at Autolusso Luton, Loz has looked after the car since my purchase of it in Feb of 2015, current mileage is 122k, not high for these engines and all the usual trouble spots such as turbo and sensors have been sorted...you could easily buy a lower mileage one and run into all sorts of trouble.

so a sorted, fast, well loved GT in the right colour and spec with a full and extensive service history from Autolusso, OEM parts have been used on any maintenance required all sensors have been Bosch (at considerable expense) she sailed through the last MOT at the end of october with zero advisories.

all it will need in the next 12 months is fuel and an oil service if you stick to my 6k schedule.

all paperwork and keys are present, I will include the original Blackline brochure as well.

The bads

tiny chip on the windscreen which has been repaired,and a tear on the drivers seat bolster.

goes without saying as the car is ten years old its not perfect, but its a solid 9 out of 10.

price is £4500

included in the purchase is an oil filter, and fuel filter ready for the next service, I have spoken to Lawrence at Autolusso south about the sale and he said '' put my number on the ad and i will back that car 100%''

so if you need reassurannce as to the mechanical condition of this car feel free to give Loz a call.

01202 861699

If interested drop me a PM, test drives welcomed and encouraged with insurance docs in hand, forget what you think a 1.9 JTDm goes like, this car is a whole other proposition..

car is currently based in Reading as I have my V6 GTV at home, but I can have it home in Guildford with 24 hours notice, both Area's are great for a test drive , comprising a good mix of A and B roads the M4 or A3 and some Town driving if you wish.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Welcome to the Busso club sir. :thumbs: Please try your best to enjoy it! :grin:

Reactions: kevwindowscarr
G

·
If I was looking i would have thrown my cheque book at you my car is missing the suspension set up otherwise very similar. I would recommend anyone looking to take advantage of the sale. I'm keen to see how you get on with the new car, I'm concerned that there is something out there better than a hydrid ***** GT cared for by autolusso.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
400 Posts
If it was 12mths ago and I hadn't done similar to mine, I would've bitten your arm off!

But my annual mileage is now well below 10K miles so probably a Giulietta QV TCT for me next. Your Blackline would be just as quick though (if not quicker).

That's a lovely example Joey, anyone looking for a very stylish and fast car with good economy and all the hard stuff sorted, would be thrilled with her.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kind words chaps...

thing is with a car, once your done , your done! My ADHD means I am always looking for novelty, and the GT provided it for a long while, everytime I got bored I did something to it to make it better...!

but she is absolutely at the pinnacle really and I had promised myself a Busso for a long time...I am happy with my choice , but will almost certainly do the ame thing all over again..:thumbu p:

I can feel wizards and an alfaholics rear ARB coming on for starters...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If I was looking i would have thrown my cheque book at you my car is missing the suspension set up otherwise very similar. I would recommend anyone looking to take advantage of the sale. I'm keen to see how you get on with the new car, I'm concerned that there is something out there better than a hydrid ***** GT cared for by autolusso.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not better.....

just different...:thumbu p:

we are all only here once, so I tend not to do things by halves and I am a fan of a good change up every now and then!

keeps life interesting..

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
whoever buys it will be VERY happy.

I am sad to see it go really and in monetary terms it makes no sense at all at the price it is, But I have had my fun and it will be a pleasure to pass on this car to somebody that will love it as much as I have..

had a number of enquiries so I doubt it will be around long..:yes:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Want your car

Hi there.

I new to this and only joines because I stumbled across your car for sale. I am a bit of a technaphobic so have you got a telephone number I can ring you please.
I definately want your car and will pay the asking price I just have 1 request and a favour.kindest regards.Kevin

I am on nightshift and going to bed now but can speak or email about 4 today.
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
PLEASE let me be that very happy person..This is my dream car and spec and believe you me..I am a genuine bloke single dad of 2 young boys who has had a rough time but this is my dream..I will absolutely love and cherish and enjoy and pamper her like another child.Cheers.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kev...

Have had several enquiries and someone viewing the car in the morning.

In the very unlikely event he says "I don't like it" I will drop you an email.

Cheers

Joey.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts