Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening All,

Been wanting to do this for a while, was planning on waiting till i have done all the mods i have planned but that will never happen anytime soon lol. Just wanted to make a new thread of my mito when i purchased it brand new and very standard, to where it is now. The first two pics of it were my first week of ownership and the second two were taken this morning. Let me know what you guys think. Please excuse how dirty the car is :( Here is a list of the mods and upgrades:

EDITED:28/05/13
Exterior:
18" quadrifoglio verde Wheels
Darkened quadrifoglio headlights
Hexis gloss black vinyl roof
Hexis gloss black vinyl fog light surrounds and chrome trim
Gloss black mirror covers
Veloce rear diffusor
Added fog lights
Lowered 35mm on Abarth Grande Punto apex sport springs
Painted front brake calipers with AR decal
All five windows tinted (70/35)
Custom AR rear number plate surround
Pressed metal plates
Pistonheads smiley offset on boot
6000k polarg drls
6000k headlights
Led numberplate, puddle lights

Interior
Alfa Biscone option gearknob
Alfa Giulietta option red stitched gear gaitor
Red footwell lights
Carbon fibre wrapped door pulls
Carbon fog switch
Tailored black mats
1350w Vibe active sub
Vibe powerbox remote
Added extra blue and me

New Mods Planned
Fit Veloce boot spoiler
Stainless cat-back exhaust system/custom system
Coilovers?
Wheel spacers?
K&N 57i induction kit
Improve engine bay "look"
New foot pedals
Matt black light surrounds

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
what did you use for the LEDs for the number plate? the ones i tried made the car shout at me and they wouldnt illuminate right :cry:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
760 Posts
defiently needs the spoiler, have you thought about the cloverleaf/darker headlights as they would compliment the theme your going for?

Looking good mine, I like your wheels in black :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks :) I have sprayed the spoiler but not really happy with the finish, I was thinking of wrapping it black with the roof but not 100% sure. Yup really want the qv lights, kicking myself that I didn't buy any when there were a few on eBay.

T

·
0 Posts
Interested in wrapped wheel, any chance you could post some closer pictures

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a closer image i have at hand, I will get some more detailed pictures and add them here. Below is a video which i stumbled upon which made me try wrapping mine. Be warned this guy makes it look easy, the first wheel you try will probably be rubbish but it'll give you an idea of how to do it and make you learn new techniques. For example, for mine i needed to wrap the wheel nut areas first as the wrap wouldn't strech enough to cover the whole recess. I wanted to wrap them as I didn't want to spray them just in case i didn't like the gloss black. The wrap can simply be removed. The finish of the wrap isn't as good as a paint job and you do get some little air bubbles. However, to wrap all my wheels it cost me less than £10! There is alsorts of colours and finishes available too.The more patient you are with it the better finish you'll achieve. I used 2 metres of hexis gloss black which was enough to do all my wheels with enough extra to redo my first one. It will take a whole day and alot of patience to do them.

The Video:
DIY: Wrapping Rims in Matte Black Vinyl - YouTube

The wrap i used:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140778121...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2419wt_1165

Attachments

T

·
0 Posts
Quality job there, liking the idea. My Tornado blue mito has same Lusso alloys, starting to look tired with poor lacquer. Thought about buying a second set to get refurb'd in white but this would be much cheaper. I don't suppose it'll survive tyre fitters, but otherwise would be pretty good solution.

Be good practice for wrapping body when paint has all chipped off!!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the good feedback, true it would probably peel or tear. I'm really pleased with it though, its such a cheap alternative as long as you've got the time

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries, I know the wrap I'm so glad I stumbled acroos it. I've been considering it for ages but wasn't sure.

T

·
0 Posts
Emailed the vinyl guy on eBay, he said the white gloss wasn't the wrap product, so don't know if you've made life even harder with the grade you used. Looks great so makes no odds now. Anyway, he's getting me prices for white wrap...

How easily does brake dust clean off? More of a concern doing white...

Cheers

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ooo lol, I can't really be 100% sure as I only done it a few days ago but when washing it the water runs of them as if they've been waxed 1000 times lol, when I went for a leasurely drive they got a little dirty and they did just wipe clean. 2 metres of the 600mm was enough to do all my wheels with extra to redo my first one as it was pretty poorly done.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, the fog lights aren't wired in yet. I believe you can only get it done by an Alfa garage as the ecu would need to be programmed? Not 100% sure on this, its something I will have to sort before my first mot

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Morning all, Firstly after a month the wrapped wheels are starting to form air bubbles where the spoke meets the rim, I believe this is my fault though as i trimmed the vinyl to close to where the spoke meets the rim. With regards to cleaning them, literally a wipe with an old cloth and they're all clean and shiney :D.

As you can see in the pics I've wrapped my roof. If you plan on doing this you will definitely need two pairs of hands. Firstly i removed the aerial by removing the rear part of the headliner which will give you access to the bolt holding the aerial to the roof. The best technique i found was to peel all the backing off the wrap then stretch it onto the roof, then to remove the creases and bubbles peel off a section from the roof and smooth it back down. Once it was all smooth and free of air bubbles i then tucked it into the roof rack rails then carefully trimmed the excess vinyl without slicing the vinyl that i had just laid. The back was easy enough and was tucked in the gap where the roof meets the top of the boot. Finally for the front i trimmed all the excess wrap then tucked the vinyl under the seal for the windscreen.

My next mod may upset some but i have managed to obtain some 18" QV wheels for quite a good price:D i know some think they are so nice they are only worthy of being on a QV and nothing else (especially my turismo lol:lol:). I will post some pics when i have them fitted. That will mean my lusso wheels will be up for sale in the next week or two if anyone is interested please PM me I'm open to offers:thumbs:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 149 Posts