Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: Hi to all, not posted for some time but thought i would share my horror story with you.
We park our Mito on road as we do not have a drive,[ looking into this] 2 weeks ago 5.40 am car alarm goes off, jump out of bed , look out of window and to my horror the Mito had been shunted up pavement about 9ft,No sign of any other vehicle.
Luckily we have cctv so checked the camera footage, white van Tw-t had gone into rear o/s at some speed and done one!:wow:
Long story short, managed to track Tw-t down [via his company], he calls to say ,"he did stop but could see no damage"![he had to reverse to get off our poor Mito].Damage done; rear wing , bumper, rear wheel, BOTH n/s wheels due to him shunting it into kerb.
Car now in for repair till 30th Nov, i feel quite sick with it all. This is our second shunt in 2yrs! Last year someone went into rear with my Wife in car at road junction!
I must say Mito must be a strong bloody car as he must have been doing 40mph and loaded up. Now have a Vauxhal Insignia hire car:vomit: not a patch on the Mito and can't wait to get her back. Now trying to get permission from council for a driveway , i just hope they are sympathetic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
!!!!

Have you involved the Police out of interest? I'm sure this could be classed as leaving the scene of an accident, even if you were not in the vehicle at the time. Especially if you have CCTV footage to show the extent of the damage!

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's terrible. I hope Alfa get your Mito 100% better. As others have pointed out, weird stuff that one wouldn't think about gets out of line or damaged and you need to get everything sorted in the claim as subsequent claims will be near impossible. I would employ a third party expert inspector and see if you can get their fees on the claim.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ta for all the advise. Yes i have asked for an alignment check. Re' the Police, yes he would got many points for this but;1 - it would have been hard to make out reg' 2- i have health issues and could not be doing with all the agro,3 someone like that would no doubt be the type to bear a grudge and may cause further grief in the future. I am now trying to have a driveway put in and better cameras. You wouldn't think we live in the Countryside would you!

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Really do think you should have involved the police though buddy. It won't put much stress on you as they would follow up with him directly. You are so lucky to have caught him on CCTV.. and regarding the REG, I wouldnt worry as they will still be able to ID the van.

Disgusting behaviour.

best of luck with the repair.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was given a flier from Alfa when I got my Mito. It gave a freephone number to involve Alfa whether or not you are insured with them. Idea seems to be that they work alongside the repairer. The flier was in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi mate, sorry you've been the victim.

I would definately report to the police, once reported, they have to investigate. I was given this advice from the officer that looked into my case re.the keying of my car. You've already got the aggro of getting it repaired, so reporting won't add any more. You will regret it later if you don't - but it's your choice.

If it's been hit that hard, I'd worry that the whole shell is distorted.

Good luck!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was given a flier from Alfa when I got my Mito. It gave a freephone number to involve Alfa whether or not you are insured with them. Idea seems to be that they work alongside the repairer. The flier was in the owner's manual.
Yes thanks for that, we tried to use that number the last accident we had and it was no longer being used,[Autoworld Chesterfield] Bit of a shame really as i would have preferred that option. Odd though i am sure i have just come across that in some info Alfa sent me on the Giulietta so perhaps they have re'instated it.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
The flier relates to 'Alfa Accident Repair' or similar title.

I used them lately for a no fault claim and they were good....did all the running around.

They are a 9-5 outfit, not part of Alfa Romeo, but licensed by them....the company is Gemini accident repair.

Would use them again as they covered hire car, excess etc and claim it back of the other guy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The flier relates to 'Alfa Accident Repair' or similar title.

I used them lately for a no fault claim and they were good....did all the running around.

They are a 9-5 outfit, not part of Alfa Romeo, but licensed by them....the company is Gemini accident repair.

Would use them again as they covered hire car, excess etc and claim it back of the other guy.
Thanks for clearing that up. Mito due back here next Wed, all gone on a bit too long now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts