Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to pick up my Avis rental car this morning, they'd allocated an Infiniti something or other, which I declined as being too boring & un-American

"Will a Dodge Challenger be OK?" Not aV8, so I 'm going to have to manage somehow with a mere 303bhp...

Attachments

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah! :cool:

Love the Challenger. 2-door FTW.
The thinking man's Mustang!

On the size thing, the Challenger does have a 4" shorter wheelbase. I suspect the similarity in overall length is down to its having a longer nose than the Charger.

Reactions: TheGrimJeeper

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, here's another one, nothing special, just a trial run to check that I can transfer wirelessly from my camera to my phone.

Attachments

• Love

·
Administrator
49,406 Posts
Does it have a small tree growing out of the grille?

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Attachments

• Love

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
🔥🔥🔥

DB, do you mind me asking how much Avis quoted for your vehicle rental?
In round figures, £1,450. That was for a Luxury car, 21 days.

Prices have been crazy! When I first made the reservation, back in November, it was nearly £2,500 for a Premium car. Every few months it dropped a few hundred; when I finally rebooked in July the price for a Luxury car was around £10 more for the 21 days than for a Premium car, so I did the upgrade. From memory, even something small like a Kia Soul was well over £1,000 - looks like nobody wanted big cars, probably because of high fuel prices

Avis UK doesn't quote a price for Sport Coupe, but in all probability I've actually taken a downgrade. . . as if I care!

On reflection:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts