Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks back it rained heavily while I was on the road and I had to drive through severals pools of water. I regretted this immediately, but i managed to reach my destination without a problem. I did not switch off the engine, then i went back home about 25km away and arived without a problem. After switching off the engine, that was it. Its been 3 weeks now and it still wont turn.

I had dried all the selespeed sensors and at this point i am convinced the selespeed unit is fine as it completes all the test using AD.

I have tried checking all the fuses but nothing came up.

Please give me pointers as to where i can start looking as my only last choice is to tow it for a good 400 km to the nearest alfa garage.

When the car is in gear and I turn the key to start it, the selespeed makes some noise and clicks and changes to neutral like it should. i could hear the starter trying to kick the engine and thats as far as it goes. Please help. All the connections seems to be dry.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While working on the car, the selespeed came up with P1743, P1756, P1757, P1758 and P1741. most of these fault symptoms were short circuit. The errors are currently not present

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Take the spark plugs out (one from each cylinder will do) and see if it spins.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. yesterday, i had that thought, I went ahead and removed all but 1. For some reason its just stuck and turns back and forth over a small angle. That's plug 3. Plug 2 was very difficult to get out but when it finally came out, it had some metal residue as if the threads were melting or something... The way plug 3 is tight, it may break if I force it. I am not sure about the consequences of it breaking though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts