Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all just a quick one

after being allittle late for racing on sunday in the rain i was going abit quick into a roundabout i ended up going side ways around it the car seemed perfectley composed and snapped out of it with the slightest correction i then messed about on the next few (was on a private road at 6:30 in the morning thats true as well :) ) as fun as it is i was wondering if its normal as ive had problems with my tracking and have cured the tyre wear and the car feels great but the car lets go so easy its probley going to catch me out at some point :tut:

Andy

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I was pushing my 166 hard (on a private hill near Stow on the Wold :thumbs: ) had understeer but not the slightest hint of oversteer, the panel behind the back wheels was covered in black dust so I reckon the tyres were given a hard time but stuck like glue.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k9d was it wet or greasy or dry it dosent happen in the dry i just get a loss of power from the inside front slipping followed by understeer

·
Registered
837 Posts
Most cars will lift off oversteer given enough of a poke! I haven't experienced it in the 166 although I don't tend to drive her that hard.

My old punto sporting, 1600 8v, now that was great fun getting it to oversteer in the wet, slightest flick and a bootfull and out she went! :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
The first time I ever oversteered was driving home about 3 weeks after getting my car and my full license, again driving down my private road toward my roundabout I accelerated coming into it and without error I easily corrected it so on my next roundabout I had so much fun.. Funny thing happened that night, we have speed cameras on my private road just to make sure no one speeds, as I drove by seeing how quick my car could go the speed camera flashed... But I was driving the opposite direction and only going *15MPH...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts