Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing this via Firefox - some of you will say 'that tells me everything I need to know' :lol:.

OK then, here's what happened:

I run Windows7 64-bit (I'm pretty sure). Yesterday I loaded up AVG 2013 Free Antivirus (I used AVG 2012 Free Antivirus successfully last year, along with Spybot). Along with this came a one-day freebie 'AVG Clean-up'. It identified a couple of things in my 'registrys', fragmentation, etc. I set it to work, automatically cleaning them up.

Now my Internet Explorer 9 is buggered, and I think it's a bit too much of a coincidence. It will load up my homepage of Google but then if I do a search it's incredibly slow and normally won't even load up the page of what I'm searching for. In short, it's kyboshed to ****.

Has the registry been buggered up (whatever that means)?

I could have sworn Internet Explorer used to appear separately in the programs list, now it doesn't.

I looked at uninstalling/reinstalling it but the Microsoft website say you just download and install it and it goes on top of the existing. But if I try I keep being told the version I have is up to date.

Can anyone hazard a guess as to what's happened please?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts