Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my renewal through today and the premium for like for like product is now a third higher than it was last year.

Has anybody had to go through a renewal like this lately and found a company who has not ramped up their prices massively?

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
My renewal came through higer than what i paid the year before (More Than) but Barclays (I bank with them) gave me a cracking quote this year.

Buildings cover: Up to £500,000
Accidental damage to services, fixed glass and sanitary fittings
Buildings excess £75
Subsidence excess £1000

Contents cover: £75,000
Personal possessions cover:
Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment, mirrors and glass in the home:
Extra Accidental Damage Cover to contents:
Contents excess £75

Total cost £245.50 - 0% apr if you want to pay monthly

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Think mine is £160 per year, it's with Co-op, was a good price but wasn't a renewal.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Not bad for a rough area! :D

Mine was £98 contents only though
Rough?! How dare you! Its only rough cus I live there :evil:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
i've used swinton for the last couple of years - they've been able to get me prices cheaper than any i was able to find myself even when i was doing insurance as part of my former job. premium went up a few quid in year 2 so i challenged them on it and they said they'd do a commission sacrifice so they could match my previous year's price

can thoroughly recommend them :thumbs:

you're all jammy gits living in rural areas - i pay over £300 for a 3 bed semi with a few option boxes ticked. it's a nice area but we're in greater manchester so get stung :(

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My renewal came through higer than what i paid the year before (More Than) but Barclays (I bank with them) gave me a cracking quote this year.

Buildings cover: Up to £500,000
Accidental damage to services, fixed glass and sanitary fittings
Buildings excess £75
Subsidence excess £1000

Contents cover: £75,000
Personal possessions cover:
Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment, mirrors and glass in the home:
Extra Accidental Damage Cover to contents:
Contents excess £75

Total cost £245.50 - 0% apr if you want to pay monthly
That's higher value than mine and mine is £760 a year...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I got that quote via Confused.com and I have to say that im amazed at how much the comparison sites vary in premiums with the same companies.

In order I found Go compare the most expensive then compare the market then confused.

The £500,000 figure is just a blanket amount; my house is actually worth around half that with a rebuild cost of around £180k

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 20 of 26 Posts