1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Bilstein B6 or KONI adjustable dampers with Eibach lowering springs

-Pirelli PZero rubber

-Alfaholics decat and full stainless steel exhaust system

-Teledials / BBS CH / BBS LM / Zender Siena. Any of these.

...And with that my Alfa would be just about perfect for me.

What's on your shopping lists?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just treated mine to a Stromforce outside cover

MIL mid sports quad pipe exhaust being built for it on Friday

Possible GTV plate

Will be getting the full paintwork correction treatment over the festive period as well

Then the spending MUST stop

·
Registered
768 Posts
-Bilstein B6 or KONI adjustable dampers
Sorry to spoil your Christmas but no third party front dampers are available for the JTS and never have been. I can tell you however that whem I changed my rears to Bilstein B6 at 55,000 miles the handling and comfort was vastly improved.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Sorry to spoil your Christmas but no third party front dampers are available for the JTS and never have been. I can tell you however that whem I changed my rears to Bilstein B6 at 55,000 miles the handling and comfort was vastly improved.
Why Bilstein and not Koni's ?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Possible GTV plate

Will be getting the full paintwork correction treatment over the festive period as well

Yeah Right !!!

Alan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah nightmare! But surely the twin spark parts would fit?????

·
Registered
222 Posts

Possible GTV plate

think mine could do with the paintwork correction, what sort of price range are we looking at for that?

Mines in autolusso this evening getting some new front arms and brake lines :thumbs:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Gee, if only my shopping list included performance mods.

Lets see, just put it in for unknown brake sticking problem (could be booster, master or even ABS apparently). Probably cop a 4 figure bill for that, no I guarantee that actually.

And then after that I have both CV joints to do, both lower suspension arms, rack ends, and finally get to have a bit of fun by getting a Q2 for it.

That being said, it will be great not driving a clunking creaking shitty car that gets stuck after driving random amounts of km. I will again be happy to be driving my car, but it does depress me that I don't get to look at it in the garage until I get it back... coming up to Christmas I just hope I can get it all done before I have Christmas break.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ah nightmare! But surely the twin spark parts would fit?????
I'm afraid not, see this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/290556-gtv-2-0-jts-fit-bilstein-b6-shock-absorbers-rear.html. Fitting KYB rear shocks might be a better/cheaper choice.

Don't be too concerned about not being able to 'uprate' the front dampers, I am pleasantly surprised how good the front suspension is with the 6 year old original dampers, they are perfectly OK.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gee, if only my shopping list included performance mods.

Lets see, just put it in for unknown brake sticking problem (could be booster, master or even ABS apparently). Probably cop a 4 figure bill for that, no I guarantee that actually.

And then after that I have both CV joints to do, both lower suspension arms, rack ends, and finally get to have a bit of fun by getting a Q2 for it.

That being said, it will be great not driving a clunking creaking shitty car that gets stuck after driving random amounts of km. I will again be happy to be driving my car, but it does depress me that I don't get to look at it in the garage until I get it back... coming up to Christmas I just hope I can get it all done before I have Christmas break.
I feel your pain, my old GTV had just about every suspension componment worn out when I bought it (my fault really, I shouldn't have bought it) so I shelled out nearly £2000 on replacement arms, spring pans, bushes, shocks, springs etc etc. Definately worth it though when I drove away from the garage in what felt like a brand new car :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm afraid not, see this thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gtv-and-916-spider/290556-gtv-2-0-jts-fit-bilstein-b6-shock-absorbers-rear.html. Fitting KYB rear shocks might be a better/cheaper choice.

Don't be too concerned about not being able to 'uprate' the front dampers, I am pleasantly surprised how good the front suspension is with the 6 year old original dampers, they are perfectly OK.
Yeah I've noticed the ride comfort of my JTS is noticeably better than my old TS. I'll have to look into KYB dampers. Apparently they're very good and are factory fitted to most Subaru's

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I've treated mine to a Ragazzon tail pipe from Balance MotorSport and it should be here tomorrow. That will be exactly 8 days from order to delivery which is brilliant considering it was special order from Italy.
GTV plate is on the list but might be stretching wifey's purse strings a bit. Add to that I can't make up my mind, do I go with a Y** GTV or K*** GTV. The Y plates are £200 more so I'm feeling the K plate at £233 all in might be better.:confused:

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
I've treated mine to a Ragazzon tail pipe from Balance MotorSport and it should be here tomorrow. That will be exactly 8 days from order to delivery which is brilliant considering it was special order from Italy.
GTV plate is on the list but might be stretching wifey's purse strings a bit. Add to that I can't make up my mind, do I go with a Y** GTV or K*** GTV. The Y plates are £200 more so I'm feeling the K plate at £233 all in might be better.:confused:
You can buy a GTV with a GTV reg at the mo for that kinda money.;)

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
You can buy a GTV with a GTV reg at the mo for that kinda money.;)
But that would that involve me getting out of my armchair :lol:
Seriously, I would want a plate either the right year for my car or from before production began. That lets out anything from N to X.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Full suspension refresh; kyb shocks, eibach springs, new drop links, front wishbones, top mounts, track rod ends (need to come off anyway as one adjuster nut is seized on, and they are cheap enough)

Should keep me busy over xmas :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts