Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought to share and post about my GTV 3.0l as many here helped inspire, inform and educate me through various other posts. I bought my car a little over a year ago but haven't done much driving in it as I was getting ready to do a once over and getting it up to a standard I felt such a car deserved: all new suspension, timing belt, water pump, radiator, coolant reservoir, plugs, filters, wheel bearings, wipers, bonnet struts, all fluids, badges, tyres etc

The previous owner had the misfortune of blowing the diff/gearbox before he fitted a 2nd hand diff/box prior to sale. I didn't want to do the same thing but my mechanic found the used diff already contained a Q2 unbeknownst to anyone including me. Dark cloud/silver lining type thing. Car had 135,000km's when I bought it and after getting all the work done I decided to take it on a 2,000km road trip straight after picking it up from the mechanic, taking the odometer to up and over 140,000km's.

It's a good car but really needed refurbishment. A few smaller things still to do but I'm in no rush and they'll be done when/if/as needed. Exhaust and sunroof were dealer fitted options here in Australia. I'm not so keen about the rear spoiler but finding another red boot lid without one here in Oz isn't easy. The only annoying thing is the woefully inaccurate fuel gauge reading so I'm on the lookout for a good used fuel sender unit.

Thanks to EB Spares, Autolusso and especially Andrew @ Alfaholics for all their good parts/service. Big props to my mechanic Franks Pitstop Motors and all the very helpful and supportive crew from the Ausalfa.com forum :cool:

Anyway, pics should tell the story ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that looks amazing............................. no obvious paint fade for such a blazing sun country
Thank you !! There is some paint issues but it was looked after for most of its life. I don't have a garage and I'll do my best to keep the paint in good condition (as best as I can). It has a lot of usual wear for a car of it's age including chips and some clear coat issues starting on the rear spoiler as well as plenty of swirl marks from overzealous polishing but I'll entrust it to some pro-detailers to cut back, smooth things out and polish/wax it up properly.

The car is very much a user so I don't expect it to be perfect. And funnily enough even though I don't actually love red cars it's my third in a row red car that I've owned (the others weren't Alfa's). It is my first Alfa and I share it with my good woman who understood why we had to have a V6 :inlove:

btw, all the pics above were taken in a space of 3 consecutive days except the parts pics on the table

1 - 8 of 8 Posts