Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i shouldn't complain about this really but everywhere i read it says check the oil week in week out etc .... as GTV TS's burn oil.

Thing is mine has barely used a drop in the last 4mths/3500 miles :confused:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Since the G'F's has come back from Alfa Workshop after a head rebuild it's been similiar. In fact I don't think it has used a drop in 2K. Thats the V6, but they seem to burn oil similarly.

·
Registered
187 Posts
No discernable drop in level in 8k Miles, including 5k around Europe.

She's getting new Selenia 20k this weekend as a special treat :)

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,328 Posts
Probably just a tablespoon between the 6K oil changes, if that, but I still check it regularly anyway, old habits die hard.

H

·
0 Posts
My Twinny didn't burn much either but better it's checked as low oil os a Twinny Killer :eek:

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I know i shouldn't complain about this really but everywhere i read it says check the oil week in week out etc .... as GTV TS's burn oil.

Thing is mine has barely used a drop in the last 4mths/3500 miles :confused:

Gosh, I wish I had that problem :)

·
Registered
37,540 Posts
Some burn oil, others don't.

My last 156 didn't burn much at all. Probably about the same as yours.

I would be grateful that it's one of the less thirsty ones. ;)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mine uses bugger all. I've always used good quality oil and made sure of regular servicing. To be fair the V6 engine (I know nought about the 2.0) itself is an excellent bit of kit and doesn't present me with any problems. It's the, less than impressive, parts that surround the engine which need improving. That's what let the GTV down, shoddy peripherals, something I understand the new Alfa range has addressed.

I do hope so because I plan on buying a V6 Brera when the price is right.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Mine doesn't burn much oil either. More than the V6 but something I check every 2 or 3 tank fulls of petrol (about 1500kms) but it only needs a slight top up every 5k kms.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Mine burns none in day to day driving, sometimes after a weekend away blasting down the motorway and round country roads, it'll need topping up afterwards. It's never an excessive amount though.

·
Registered
945 Posts
The V6 drinks not much compared to the TS. Both of my 2.0 TS engines drank around 1L/1000miles. :)

IMO the amount a TS drinks is more down to the driver than the particular engine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts