Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having read many reviews on the V6 GT I find that all appear to list leather as a standard interior. Now mine hasn't,it has Alfatec. Strange.:confused:
Could someone really have opted for Alfatec over leather when the car was ordered new. Does anyone else have Alfatec in a V6. Maybe my car is super rare.:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
I have never seen a GT V6 without leather. You definitely have a one off there. I suppose someone could have requested it, not everyone likes the feel of leather. I have come acorss a couple of 147 GTA's without leather. The seats were well comfy!!!

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
having read many reviews on the V6 GT I find that all appear to list leather as a standard interior. Now mine hasn't,it has Alfatec. Strange.:confused:
Could someone really have opted for Alfatec over leather when the car was ordered new. Does anyone else have Alfatec in a V6. Maybe my car is super rare.:thumbs:
Leather was standard in UK spec 3.2 GT's

You car has either had the leather swapped out or could be an import

You can tell if it is an import as it won't have a red and white sticker in the drivers and passenger window

Ned

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Mines a genuine UK spec car not import but i havent got red and white stickers.... the first owner probably removed them just like i did on my 159...

Is there not another way to tell if its import, like on the log book for instance?

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
They also don’t have the security etching on the windows

I imported thousands of new Alfas, most of the time there is not a problem, there are occasions when there are problems like cars built for Southern Ireland have KPH speedos and cars built for Japan for instance the don’t have the correct radio frequency

If a car was ordered by us for the UK market it would have been UK spec

GT 3.2 without leather is not UK spec, I suspect someone has removed it and fitted Alfatex as they preferred if

Ned

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Is there not another way to tell if its import?
Indeed there is, buy an Alfa at 2 years old (like I did), take it, in the 3rd year, to a dealer under the assumption they would rectify some niggly problems under warranty (like I did), be told 'bog off, it's an import and as such only has a 2 year warranty' (like I was)

All the best

Pub

C

·
0 Posts
Not really, it should have been changed when it was imported but all you need is a UK instrument binacle. 'Course this'll cause a mileage discrepancy but I think you can alter it with Fiat ECU Scan if you have the relevant card. (may come with the car, if not your dealer should be able to get it for you)

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Indeed there is, buy an Alfa at 2 years old (like I did), take it, in the 3rd year, to a dealer under the assumption they would rectify some niggly problems under warranty (like I did), be told 'bog off, it's an import and as such only has a 2 year warranty' (like I was)

All the best

Pub
That is probably one of the GT's we sold (KX number plate), we gave the option of the extra warranty which most people chose not to take up (another story)

Whoever sold you the car should have told you if you were getting 2 or 3 years warranty (if they knew)

Our car had really good spec, big wheels, winter pack, leather, Bose, 10CD, etc

Ned

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They also don’t have the security etching on the windows

I imported thousands of new Alfas, most of the time there is not a problem, there are occasions when there are problems like cars built for Southern Ireland have KPH speedos and cars built for Japan for instance the don’t have the correct radio frequency

If a car was ordered by us for the UK market it would have been UK spec

GT 3.2 without leather is not UK spec, I suspect someone has removed it and fitted Alfatex as they preferred if

Ned
Mine has etched windows, also the door cards are alfatec so it was either a full interior swap or the mystery continues..
Would Alfa uk be able to tell me the original sales spec of my car??

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That is probably one of the GT's we sold (KX number plate), we gave the option of the extra warranty which most people chose not to take up (another story)
Was this 'option' on new cars, I rather thought UK dealers absorbed the cost of the 3rd year warranty as we in the UK demand no-less than 3 warranty years on new cars, isn't it via some sort of dealer insurance policy?

I'd assumed mine (WK plate, but with the same spec you quote) didn't get a 3rd year warranty as the original owner bought it via some online importer.

Still saving for the suspension upgrade BTW, how many of the Eibach ARB sets have you got left? Do you remember the 'Daddy or chips' advert, in my case it's 'Christmas or car' - heh!

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
309 Posts

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
Was this 'option' on new cars, I rather thought UK dealers absorbed the cost of the 3rd year warranty as we in the UK demand no-less than 3 warranty years on new cars, isn't it via some sort of dealer insurance policy?

I'd assumed mine (WK plate, but with the same spec you quote) didn't get a 3rd year warranty as the original owner bought it via some online importer.

Still saving for the suspension upgrade BTW, how many of the Eibach ARB sets have you got left? Do you remember the 'Daddy or chips' advert, in my case it's 'Christmas or car' - heh!

All the best

Pub
Yes that will be one of our cars, that one would have been one we traded

All new car must under EU law come with a 2 year manufactures warranty and importers such as Alfa UK or BMW etc chose to extend the warranty with an add on insurance based warranty

I have one set of the Eibach ARB's left

Ned

G

·
0 Posts
I test drove that one 6-7 weeks back, it's dropped in price from £6500. The guy selling it seemed genuine, but I thought £6.5 was a bit optimistic, it needed a bit of tidying up it hadn't even been cleaned and there was what looked like a footprint on the dash!:lol:
:lol: Someone was relaxing in it. Lovely colour combo. Not sure if it being in 'km' would put me off

1 - 14 of 14 Posts