Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Donalds Experience

Tuesday 26th May

Well had my Alfa GT 1.9JTDm serviced here and this is how it ended up.

Timing Belt £49.49
Fixed Tightener £19.49
Belt Stretcher £59.72
Water Pump £53.17
Gasket £2.24
Oil Filter £10.48
Selenia Pure Energy £34.02
Kit £3.46
Brake Fluid £2.62
Handbrake Cable £18.06
Labour £341.49
V.A.T. £77.51

Dropped car off at 0900, communication was good, they kept me informed during the day and completed the service by 1700 as promised.

No wash or valet, disappointing for a main dealer, no complimentary smelly in the car and I think the overall cost of the above is very high and not at all competitive, particularly if you consider that the above prices have the ‘AO Forum Member Discount’ factored into them, which in my opinion is negligible.

This will be the first and last time I use Donald Alfa Romeo, tried it and didn’t like it, back to the independent for me, Longueville Autos, they lend me a car for the day, wash mine when they’ve finished and would have been at least £100 cheaper and the service is far more friendly and personal, when I phoned they were booked solid for three weeks, otherwise that’s who’d have got the job.

You live and learn as they say……………………..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Saturday 30th May

Still not happy with the fact that my car wasn’t washed and that the fault light has been on since Wednesday following the work carried out by Donalds I informed them yesterday and have called them to complain today.

I am taking the car there shortly to have the fault read/switched off/ rectified I hope.

There is no sense of urgency or care when I speak to these people but I am going to give them the opportunity to restore my faith in them and give them some positive feedback as to date I have been disappointed with the level of service I’ve received, or should I say haven’t received………………………..

When I went with a colleague to the local BMW garage to drop off his car for a service I was astonished by the level of service he recieved, I thought the service guy was going to skip and dance around him and the receptionist was going to give him a blow job, they couldn't have been more attentive, courteous and friendly if they''d tried and the car was gleaming on collection. This is the level of service other dealerships should aspire to, oh and the coffee is good too and I hate to say it as I'm not at all into the BMW thing.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Excuse me Sav, Speaking to you as a family friend and as a VERY hard worker at donalds.

I did say that they were understaffed that day as in one valeter who had to was over 20 cars and drop off about 4 customers because another member of staff was ill.

I did talk to the service manager who said if you bring it in one day in the week we would give it a very good clean and im sorting it out for you being able to get that light investigated.

And you called me to report your problems.

You say one thing to me and another on here. As a friend thats being a bit two faced.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woah, not at all Jason, ultimately it's like this, all of the above is fact, I am the customer and I'm not happy, in my world the customer is always right and when I reported my disatisfation to you, you informed me that they were understaffed but that isn't my problem nor does it excuse poor customer service does it?

Secondly having spoke with you and Ian this morning, you both said that you were booked out today, again this isn't my problem but I'll be there shortly so hopefully they'll sort it.

I don't understand why you are calling me two faced as I told you I'd post my experiences on here and as the above is a true and honest reflection of MY Donalds experience I don't think you should be so defensive in your approach.

I'll be there in a hour you can speak to me then, I think you've taken this personally and I haven't done any Donalds bashing yet, just an informed feedback which your boss should be pleased with as it will help him improve his service in future, if he cares.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
its just how you speak to me and im tryig to sort it and your on here putting across like its the end of the world and you will never come here again.

I just want to have happy customers and if there are problems to fix them but knowhere in there did you mention that i was trying to sort it and help you.

We have had it before that we havent been able to wash the car and the customer has brought the car back and we have washed it and they have been happy.

I just want you as a friend and a customer to be happy.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excuse me Sav, Speaking to you as a family friend and as a VERY hard worker at donalds.

I haven't disputed that you work hard?

I did say that they were understaffed that day as in one valeter who had to was over 20 cars and drop off about 4 customers because another member of staff was ill.

Are your resourcings issues my problem?

I did talk to the service manager who said if you bring it in one day in the week we would give it a very good clean and im sorting it out for you being able to get that light investigated.

Why should I have to inconvenience myself and make a returun visit to Donalds, will they reimburse my time and fuel?

And you called me to report your problems.

I booked through you Jase, who else would I call? I did call the Service Manager today when I thought that I needed to give them a push in the right direction.

You say one thing to me and another on here. As a friend thats being a bit two faced.
I haven't said anything on here that's different that I've reported to you.

I hope this answers all your questions.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Phew! It's going to be a warm day without a cloud in the sky at present. I hope you manage to sort out your differences in an amicable fashion.:):

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its just how you speak to me and im tryig to sort it and your on here putting across like its the end of the world and you will never come here again.

It is the end of the world to me as a paying customer who has spent his hard earned money and based on my current experience, once they've corrected the issues I won't be using them again.

I just want to have happy customers and if there are problems to fix them but knowhere in there did you mention that i was trying to sort it and help you.

It's not what you can do personally Jason, I know you like to work effeciently and professionally but does your employer? Should I be chasing around? No, I should have had the work done, paid, driven away, been happy, basic customer service.

We have had it before that we havent been able to wash the car and the customer has brought the car back and we have washed it and they have been happy.

I'll wash it myself, I don't really have time to go back and forth, but it still doesn't make the original complaint right does it?

I just want you as a friend and a customer to be happy.
I will be once they sort out my concerns.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I haven't said anything on here that's different that I've reported to you.

I hope this answers all your questions.
I just dont like problems, im working hard to show us on here and i guess i dont want problems.

I will do the best i can to help sort it :thumbs:

p.s - did you actually come round last night?

Are you still happy with me as in the parts dept?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just dont like problems, im working hard to show us on here and i guess i dont want problems.

I will do the best i can to help sort it :thumbs:

Don't worry about it Jase, it's not your problem, I'll deal with Donalds.

p.s - did you actually come round last night?

No, I can't/don't play Poker, the card nights we used to have we played a different game, but your Dad has changed state of play, no point in me going to a game I don't know and will lose lots of money at!

Are you still happy with me as in the parts dept?
Parts is no big deal to be honest, but even with the AO discount they are expensive, I'll go indy in future unless I really have to, the whole dealership thing is annoying me to be honest because they have superior charges but always deliver inferior service.

On my way now..............................

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having just returned from the dealership:

Jason has calmed down, I suggested he becomes litigation lawyer for Donalds, I reckon he didn't get his leg over last night hence the angst.............................

Service Manager offered me a wash should I require one and said I could drop the car in any time to get this done. They put the car on the diagnostics and the fault came up as MAF fault, the fault was cleared but driving home the bleep returned and the light is back on, I'll get a new MAF sorted as this seems to be the problem.

Well, that's my Donalds experience, and it's back off to the indies for me.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got a new MAF from an independant, it's German, I'm informed it's better than the original, it was a pain in the bottom to fit, remove battery, battery carrier, fuse box, access MAF, remove and replace, not difficult just fiddly, particularly as on my cousins 147 it stares you in the face when you open the bonnet and takes about five minutes to change.

Anyway, bleep and light disappeared, runs like a dream, hopefully I won't be posting up for a while as I should be motoring trouble free one hopes.

Oh, and call me cynical and I did mention this to Jason, I purchased my car in February, it has never bleeped or shown me the orange engine fault light, the following day after a major service at a major garage, hey presto, a fault appears as if by magic, amazing.................................

Finally, when I did the above, there is a sensor bolted into what seems to be the top of the gearbox, well the plug wasn't in it, it was just hanging loose, I plugged this in before changing MAF to see if fault cleared it didn't, so I continued. What is this particular sensor and why would it have been unplugged?

Cheers.

·
Registered
216 Posts
hehe - i had an experience with a dealer where they were supposed to replace some handbrake cables and a window regulator, they did neither. And they didn't wash it! All I got was a satisfaction survey hanging from the rear-view mirror. Was (supposed to be) warranty work so didn't cost me anything but not bad for a day's work. Dealers - unfortunately I stay away from them.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
The mistake we made was not have any staff at that time to wash the car :(

And supposedly ripped him off even though he had cheaper quotes and said yes to the additional work....

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Jase, stop following my comments and trying to defend what you know was poor service, if you continue I'll post on every motoring forum on the web and really damage Donalds reputation.

I have posted MY personal experience with your dealership, it's honest and factual so stop trying to imply it isn't.

I have given a breakdown of the parts costs, labour costs and customer experience, an accurate review that I'm sure other users on here will appreciate before making their decisions. If it was positive you'd be grateful and encouraging me to post it up. You should take this negative posting as positive because a professional outfit would improve based on this type of feedback. If you continue to whinge about a complaint it only reinforces peoples views that you are garbage..................................

Unless of course you can put your hand on your heart and say, 'we gave this guy great service and satisfation' I suggest you shut up.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts