Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I only bought it 5 or 6 weeks back and already it had a remap, new blueooth kit with mp3/iPod connection, new Sony stereo unit, new suspension arm, new crank sensor (well tomorrow but it has been diagnosed/ordered), new Birmingham City air freshner :)lol:) and now it is in the bodyshop for the day having the bumps and scrapes sorted. I might even get a new exhaust back box to replace the plain-ish looking oval one. It is one spoilt GT!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How does the new head unit look in the car? Really need ipod conectiveity fm transmiters are bull.
What head unit / iPod connection?
Does it work with the steering wheel controls, and will it support iPhone?
The new head unit looks ok. It's a Sony one so good sound too. The original I was quoted £380 from Alfa!!! The Sony one was £60 reduced form £120. Bargain

The Sony head unit is just a radio/CD player with aux in. I've also had a Parrot Blutooth car kit fitted which include a connection lead for iPod/USB etc

I can now play music from all my formats....love it!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woo-hoo car is back and scratch and dint-less!!! Fella who sorted it for me is very impressed with how it drives...he's a Merc man and says it is a much smoother ride than his car. He was suprised how much poke it had for a diesel but he didn't know about the remap :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
...oh and nope it doesn't work with the steering wheel controls. I never used them anyhow and as I play most of my music via a USB stick so I use the Parrot in main which has its only little remote that I have stuck the my door (was on the centre console but kept falling off as have the heat on the hottest at the mo!!)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Eh?? the original Gt stereo and ipod control is great?:)

I miss my Alfa Gt steering wheel controls im my new car....

Damien.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
You're always kind to the soon to be next owner;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Eh?? the original Gt stereo and ipod control is great?:)

I miss my Alfa Gt steering wheel controls im my new car....

Damien.
The original stereo broke, plus it mine it wasn't even mp3 compatible. There was no way I was paying £380 for a replacment :lol:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The original stereo broke, plus it mine it wasn't even mp3 compatible. There was no way I was paying £380 for a replacment :lol:
Fair enough GUV!! mind you. i'm sure that new stereo will come in handy for the lucky next prospective owner. :cheese:

Damien.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i'm looking at a new iPod compatible head unit (designed for iPod with ipod socket and charges also) must be steering wheel controlled too... does your one do this? do you have the model name or a link?

·
Registered
387 Posts
i'm looking at a new iPod compatible head unit (designed for iPod with ipod socket and charges also) must be steering wheel controlled too... does your one do this? do you have the model name or a link?
The best ones for iPod are Alpine, as they have paid for the rights to use the iPod interface on the headunit. Mine does not have a CD option but the full iPod display is shown on the screen and it works with my steering wheel controls

This is mine

Alpine iDA-X100 Digital Media Receiver review

But I have had that for at least 3 years now, the model to replace it is out and has bluetooth built in I believe with full streaming.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts