Alfa Romeo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 722 Posts
Wow,

Its hard to beleive how you smoked that GTA... There must be something wrong with it or the driver... or your car is responding so well to the mods...

Its a miracle

Discussion starter · #69 ·
Driver is my friend and knows how to drive, i think that gtv has a little longer gears and that's the important thing here. And yes looks like i have a healthy strong engine. Long live arese v6!!! :D

Another rolling, and i left him to choose when too pull away:

YouTube - 156 SW GTA vs. GTV 3.0 V6 Tuned Rollin'

Well done mate.

That is truly amasing!

Lemi

Driver is my friend and knows how to drive, i think that gtv has a little longer gears and that's the important thing here. And yes looks like i have a healthy strong engine. Long live arese v6!!! :D

Another rolling, and i left him to choose when too pull away:

YouTube - 156 SW GTA vs. GTV 3.0 V6 Tuned Rollin'
The fact that you GTV has longer gears means that it would work against you acceleraration compared to GTA.

I think that your Q2 makes it launch better as well..

Discussion starter · #74 ·
That's not true, with enough power for acceleration it's better to have longer gears, because every shift is waste of time.
Q2 doesnt help in rolling start.
I'm not satisfied with Q2, i thought it would be more noticeble. It's ok, but not the best solution. Good thing is that it's more durable then standard.

Unless you got mega torque and hp you will always accelerate faster with closer ratio gear box.

Thats coming from my experiance and opinion, but I'm sure there are more knowledgable people here that wouldn't mind sharing their experiance...

Lemi

congrats on the project :)

question about the flywheel: did you notice a bigger difference after fitting lighter flywheel on how the engine is reving ? my dual mass seems to be on it's way out and I'm definitely considering an upgrade

it seems from your videos like it's more rev happy now

did you manage to actually measure acceleration times ?

btw. got identical brake hoses, will fit them soon as well ;)

They are cool,

where did you get them from?
Looking forward to some pictures...

Discussion starter · #80 ·
@ qbas

Yes engine is more rev happy and car feels lot quicker. Clutch works great too. You just go for it! :)

@Lemi

I bought them from ebay for 60euros altogheter.

I'll post pictures soon, just waiting for KONI sports to arrive so that i change everything together.

61 - 80 of 722 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.