Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Giulietta stories...

HAHAHAHA!!!! Wanted to share a story with you guys...

Some "Chav" on a 2.0L GTI wanted a piece of my Giuly in LimeHouse Tunnel yesterday morning...

Quick shift to "D" to power my way through the gears, tunnel making the Turbo and engine sound like a beast, surprisingly handling very well the slow left hand bend at very high speed, nicely pulling away from the GTI :thumbs:

...of course, anyone knowing that tunnel, should know what's at the end of it, so a sharp break to bring the car back to 30mph under the speed camera...right about when the GTI continues to power past me and getting its a*s*s* flashed! :cheese:

Result!

p.s :tut: I do not condone any stupid speeding behaviour ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
hurray & VW into ...hole!!!

I think good place to tell my story. I was riding home back couple of weeks back and a junky haired guy with a white Passat cc (his father's most probably) was pulling off and slowing repeatedly to provoke me as he was assuming that it will be a easy victory. Finally once we are head to head with a quick move to D & the foot on the mat and little poor stupid was in my mirror sitting in a position close to his windshield. I guess it is a reflex of him pushing the car himself as this was a huge beat.

well done MA, like my car alot and looking forward to have Superchips appropriate launch for its D mode:)

best regards...

Important: That was a plain accelaration trial on a semi highway and no dangerous actions and lane changes performed in name of public responsibility for sure:)

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
My good story - I got chatting to a Ferrari California owner at a hand car wash and he was very complimentary about my G and how Italian car owners are more passionate than others :lol:

If you've a got a good looking car you don't need to drive fast ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Urm beat a golf gti 1.8T 150bhp (the rubbish one)
then got destroed by a scooby wrx :(
As nippy as your 1.4MA is I dont think it was built to go head to head with a wrx... :cheese:

Chose your battles wisely.. :p

Had a new Polo 1.6 pulling away and slowing down, clearly wanting a little dice... at 10.30pm (SA time)

Well I was in fourth in normal mode at 80km/h and I put my foot down (in normal) and blew the poor idiot away... Didnt even need Dynamic. Think he went home to go eat some humble pie. Just because you have a bigger engine doesnt mean you have a faster car. Dont think he will look to dice a Giulietta again

·
Registered
329 Posts
As nippy as your 1.4MA is I dont think it was built to go head to head with a wrx... :cheese:

Chose your battles wisely.. :p

Had a new Polo 1.6 pulling away and slowing down, clearly wanting a little dice... at 10.30pm (SA time)

Well I was in fourth in normal mode at 80km/h and I put my foot down (in normal) and blew the poor idiot away... Didnt even need Dynamic. Think he went home to go eat some humble pie.
aha! love it!

I do choose wisely, but it was one of those "i wonder how fast that is" moments, it was infront the whole way, but not going too off, until we hit about 70 then it was gone :lol:

Also 'kept up' with a saab 93 i think, unsure on the enigne 1.9TTid??? but seemed slow!

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts
My good story - I got chatting to a Ferrari California owner at a hand car wash and he was very complimentary about my G and how Italian car owners are more passionate than others :lol:

If you've a got a good looking car you don't need to drive fast ;)

Nice try at trying to divert this thread from turning into a " willy waving my car is faster than yours " thread :thumbs:

There are plenty of those elsewhere :rolleyes: :HEADBANG:

I won't say where :halo: for now :EVIL:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Urm beat a golf gti 1.8T 150bhp (the rubbish one)
then got destroed by a scooby wrx :(
My last car was a scooby - I had my @rse kicked once by an RS4 :rolleyes:

I also had a play with a Continental GT with my previous motorbike (Suzuki sv1000s) between a couple of sets of lights one day - I think he was quite impressed, I got a big :thumbs: when we both stopped again, him behind me ;)

The Giulietta is more about style than speed for me (especially as I have gone for the 140d), however always nice to have something in the back pocket in case you need it :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
i got a few and corsa vxr full up with young lads vs me and my dad in his 147 1.6 ti, some how my dad won :) me in my 95bhp mito vs some chaved up polo dunno why he wanted to race me but i won anyways, my 145 cloverleaf vs aston martin vantage that was my dad geting a little carried away with me leting him have a go lol.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
do the maths

BMW 320D 177bhp/1550kg = 114 bhp/tonne
Guily JTDm 170bhp/1305kg = 130 bhp/tonne

only going to one winner out of that

shame he did not think about that before he booted it

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was driving with my CL and I saw a VW Passat 2.0TDI on the very left lane. I told him to go the right line with my evil LED's. He instead started to accelerate and I was like WTF? You got a crap motor and trying to show off?
Since he insisted to stay on the left lane I had to go to the right lane and in 10 secs he was very faaaar away.
Why the hell did he try to race with me without knowing his opponent.

I slowed down for him to catch me up and did the same thing again. A QV in D mode is a beast, even in high speeds.

It's good to know that I can beat 99% of the cars in my country.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
On Thursday I had an M3 convertible (new model) come up behind me on the A25. He was weaving and flashing. As soon as the traffic in front of me cleared (as we came out of the 50mph zone), I wellied it. Pulled in a few hundred yards later and waited for the BMW to pass. It took several seconds.
This morning it was an RS6 in the outside lane who was dawdling. I undertook him at a roundabout (I think he was on the phone). Once I pulled out, he got a bit annoyed and started to drive very close. Again, a light touch of the right foot and he was history.
... but ... a modified Corrado VR6 (not the new model, but the previous one) was ahead of me, and was faster.
So, in the 40/50 - 70(ish) region, my slow diesel saw off some stiff competition.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah I agree that the G is nippy but if the RS6 wanted to play he would have trampled you to death! My last car RS6 - new car G Cloverleaf.

I'm not getting many people wanting to race but a hell of a lot of respectful nods and smiles.

So far 5 people have come up to me when i've just parked asking about it.

Ah its such a beauty!!! :p

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Yes, I suspect he could have, but in the "overtaking zone" of 40-70, I'm very happy that I can ease past most things. Sure, in the 0-40 range and maybe 80+ there's plenty that could beat me, but I don't tend to race people at lights or break the speed limit on public roads ;)

I got a respectful nod from a 911 driver on Thursday night. He'd been about 1/2 mile behind the M3, and after I pulled in he slowed down to see what had pulled away so quickly. A nod and a smile - it appears even Porsche drivers don't like BMW drivers!

Edit: The M3 was white. A few months ago there was a thread going about what changes we'd like to see to the G and I suggested a soot dump switch on the diesel, so that when you passed a BMW you could let them know. I wished I had that switch on Thursday night :D

M

·
0 Posts
On Thursday I had an M3 convertible (new model) come up behind me on the A25. He was weaving and flashing. As soon as the traffic in front of me cleared (as we came out of the 50mph zone), I wellied it. Pulled in a few hundred yards later and waited for the BMW to pass. It took several seconds.
This morning it was an RS6 in the outside lane who was dawdling. I undertook him at a roundabout (I think he was on the phone). Once I pulled out, he got a bit annoyed and started to drive very close. Again, a light touch of the right foot and he was history.
... but ... a modified Corrado VR6 (not the new model, but the previous one) was ahead of me, and was faster.
So, in the 40/50 - 70(ish) region, my slow diesel saw off some stiff competition.
They weren't trying. Saw an RS5 driving like a **** on the M6 on the way to liverpool the other week and they are just gone in an instant if they want to be. The newest RS6 has 560BHP i think, 100 more than the RS5.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts