Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Giulietta 2.0 150
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some would say not a proper Alfa, but I really like it and for the moment it is the one I can afford. :)

I never thought I would own a Giulietta as I never liked the design, first the exterior when it was released, then the interior, somehow I liked my 159 more.
But I saw few in metal and then started to appreciate the design, also to look the interior from a different perspective so decided to try something "new", or better say something a little bit different and here it is.

PXL_20210501_115401607.jpg PXL_20210501_115442732.jpg PXL_20210501_115459034.jpg PXL_20210501_115510999.jpg PXL_20210501_115534685.jpg PXL_20210501_115550321.jpg PXL_20210501_115559231.jpg PXL_20210501_115625909.jpg PXL_20210501_115701100.jpg PXL_20210501_115811747 1.jpg

The car is December 2016, it has 160k km on the clock, other than some minor aesthetic flaws it is a very good example.

I am aware that this mileage is astronomical for majority of you here, I as well am not used to this much however I live in a small country with not so many Alfas available to choose from a used market so this car was the youngest and the only one with the engine and equipment that I like so I decided to sell my 159 and buy this Giulietta.
The car does not look tired, my mechanic said it needs some small things here and there, for now I am satisfied.

My 159 was with 250 000km and the interior was like new, what can I expect from Giulietta, will it hold for few more years until Giulia prices go down a little bit more? :)

·
Registered
GTV TS P2, Giulia 2,2 Q2
274 Posts
Congratulations. I sold my Giulietta today after 18 months of trouble-free motoring. I really enjoyed the car in D mode. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

·
Registered
38,395 Posts
It’s great that a whole thread can be devoted to one of four hundred thousand Giuliettas built.

·
Registered
553 Posts
It’s great that a whole thread can be devoted to one of four hundred thousand Giuliettas built.
Yes it is good actually, it's great to have a place to share your specific car and all the stories that are attached to it.

@alfaholic
Congratulations on the new ride, yes they are a beautiful car, and that one looks like the interior is leaps and bounds better than my older 2010 Cloverleaf.

I think the way they drive is very Alfa, they put a smile on your face and reward you for driving enthusiastically, especially when they are in D mode. that's real Alfa!

What engine you got in it? I remember back on the early ones if it wasn't a QV but had twin tailpipes it was a 2.0D, is that what yours is? Or have they started putting twin pipes on the multiairs now too? (Im sure it's always been an option).

Is it just bad lighting or are the bumpers not quite the same shade as the body? I only bring it up because maybe you can complain and get a part refund and make your new Giulietta even better value for money! Enjoy your G 🙂

·
Registered
40 Posts
Some would say not a proper Alfa, but I really like it and for the moment it is the one I can afford. :)

I never thought I would own a Giulietta as I never liked the design, first the exterior when it was released, then the interior, somehow I liked my 159 more.
But I saw few in metal and then started to appreciate the design, also to look the interior from a different perspective so decided to try something "new", or better say something a little bit different and here it is.

View attachment 953286 View attachment 953290 View attachment 953292 View attachment 953293 View attachment 953295 View attachment 953296 View attachment 953297 View attachment 953299 View attachment 953301 View attachment 953302

The car is December 2016, it has 160k km on the clock, other than some minor aesthetic flaws it is a very good example.

I am aware that this mileage is astronomical for majority of you here, I as well am not used to this much however I live in a small country with not so many Alfas available to choose from a used market so this car was the youngest and the only one with the engine and equipment that I like so I decided to sell my 159 and buy this Giulietta.
The car does not look tired, my mechanic said it needs some small things here and there, for now I am satisfied.

My 159 was with 250 000km and the interior was like new, what can I expect from Giulietta, will it hold for few more years until Giulia prices go down a little bit more? :)

Druže predivna Giulietta, sa srećom vozio!

·
Registered
2016 Giulietta 2.0 150
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Congratulations on the new ride
Thanks. Yes it is a 2.0 diesel. I wanted a petrol Veloce, but that was simply a science fiction here. :)
The bumpers are original, but I as well thought they were painted when I first saw the photos, however it is just the light.
I hate repainted bumpers, the difference is noticeable even if the colour is perfect and the paint chips easily with every stone.

They say it is not polite, but I like sarcasm. ;)

·
Registered
38,395 Posts
I had two Giuliettas and seeing one still does something for me, they’re so nice to look at. The later interior only changed a little but it made quite a difference to the feel inside.

·
Registered
2016 Giulietta 2.0 150
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had two Giuliettas and seeing one still does something for me, they’re so nice to look at. The later interior only changed a little but it made quite a difference to the feel inside.
Agree. I always believed Giulietta deserved a better interior, partly because my first experience with the car was with some basic models. Alcantara makes this a much better place to be and look at.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks. Yes it is a 2.0 diesel. I wanted a petrol Veloce, but that was simply a science fiction here. :)
The bumpers are original, but I as well thought they were painted when I first saw the photos, however it is just the light.
I hate repainted bumpers, the difference is noticeable even if the colour is perfect and the paint chips easily with every stone.

They say it is not polite, but I like sarcasm. ;)
Ah I can understand the desire for a 1750 but yes, they do drink a bit of fuel as well as command a higher price! Guessing your 2.0D is a 150bhp? Think the 170 in the facelift were all TCT

Performance should be quite adequate and if you do the mileage the DPF should not give you any issues.

Yeah, you have to bad bloody good to make plastic painted bumpers durable to paint chips!

I thought the comment was sarcastic and rude myself, good job you took it better, the whole point of forums like this is to be able to talk about your exact car and share in the ownership experience of others.

Who cares if 4 or 400,000 Giuliettas were made? It doesn't matter, it's about how you feel about it and there are plenty of people on here who will quite happily talk about the above. And of course help you with any issues you come across.

Unfortunately you do get the occasional smart-arsed comments which have no purpose other than to be inflammatory.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was saying that the Giulietta , unlike your typical hatchback , probably gets a better feeling from its owners of ownership. I’m sure the owner of an equivalent Golf wouldn’t bother to post anything.
Oh I see, my humble apologies then, you are right!

·
Registered
553 Posts
I wouldn’t have bought a second if I did not feel the same.
Indeed, they have a certain charm to them, the design is so pretty that in my 2 years of ownership I always looked back after parking.

Unfortunately I was also very OCD with it, being my first nice car it had to be washed every week else it annoyed me and I hated leaving it in public places less someone damage it!

·
Registered
2016 Giulietta 2.0 150
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, OCD... o_O I am sure if my cars were bought new I would go crazy about every minor thing, but buying a used car has this (almost) liberating feel about it, but I still go crazy from time to time. :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh, OCD... o_O I am sure if my cars were bought new I would go crazy about every minor thing, but buying a used car has this (almost) liberating feel about it, but I still go crazy from time to time. :)
🤣 Mine was used tbf, saved up about a 10 months of pay from my first job and splashed the cash,upgraded from a Citroen ,C3 MK1 diesel so it felt like purchasing a Ferrari 😁

·
Registered
38,395 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Giulietta 2.0 150
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
In the seventies someone found a local mechanic in Belgrade who kept a diary about everything that happened in his workshop, then they made a TV series from that material. It was, and still is very popular because of many things, but there was one character that was overly careful with his SAAB (mandatory slippers, going crazy about birds droppings) and the way he approaches the mechanic: "My car does not feel well!", so in popular culture people use the name of this actor for anyone who cares about the car.
It is somewhat funny, however it often shows the technical illiteracy and overall sloppiness of the majority when it comes to cars.
I often find that people do not take care of their cars very much which is very strange as they spend a lot of their time in there. My friend has McDonald's fries at the floor for two months before cleaning it, the seats look like he had pigs and chickens inside, others have all kinds of lights blinking inside, they simply do not care. So they think we are overly careful or not very normal, while from my point of view they are sloppy and irresponsible.

My fathers used to say:"If you want to see how clean people are, just go to their bathroom." I would add: just look at their car.
So all this OCD thing, it is not scientifically accurate of course, but it is a sarcasm actually, in-joke, it is a joke at our expense. But the saddest thing about it is that it is not about 10 hours of cleaning, but about having everything in your car working.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts