Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the water in my leaky passenger footwell on my 147 has frozen solid, oh how I love having a car that lets in water at this time of year - scraping ice from the inside as well as the outside is such a treat!! Actually it's always been damp after rain but never as wet as it is now, with all the snow from before Christmas that melted, it all seemed to channel directly into my footwell but not only the passengers side at the front but also the rear, presume it's just the quantity of water involved that's pushed it over.

New year's resolution - solve this leak or get rid!!

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
It seems the water in my leaky passenger footwell on my 147 has frozen solid, oh how I love having a car that lets in water at this time of year - scraping ice from the inside as well as the outside is such a treat!! Actually it's always been damp after rain but never as wet as it is now, with all the snow from before Christmas that melted, it all seemed to channel directly into my footwell but not only the passengers side at the front but also the rear, presume it's just the quantity of water involved that's pushed it over.

New year's resolution - solve this leak or get rid!!
check the pollen filter and it's seals, when i had my focus i had a similar problem turns out the seals had gone on the pollent filter which allows water to seep into the cabin realtivley inexpensive fix at the garage about £30 all in

·
Registered
726 Posts
check the pollen filter and it's seals, when i had my focus i had a similar problem turns out the seals had gone on the pollent filter which allows water to seep into the cabin realtivley inexpensive fix at the garage about £30 all in
It's def not your pollen filter, sounds like a water leak from somewhere, some people have had issues to do with water seeping in from the front door rubber seals or the plastic sheet in between the door card and door is missing/torn. Also it could be that you have got a hole somewhere else. The pollen filter is internal on the ALFA 147 and has nothing to do with water getting in at all - unless the chamber between the bulkhead and engine bay is full of water!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
dont forget you bring a lot of snow in on your boot when its like this, which then melts when car gets warm and all runs off your shoes as water then re-freezses overnight. Might not be leaking at all. Are their icicles or water above, base of the dash etc?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont forget you bring a lot of snow in on your boot when its like this, which then melts when car gets warm and all runs off your shoes as water then re-freezses overnight. Might not be leaking at all. Are their icicles or water above, base of the dash etc?
Cheers but no, definitely is a leak, I've posted about it before http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/174606-147-wet-footwell-solved-nearly.html I'm going to get a heat gun to remove the tar like sound proofing in the footwell there are a couple of crescent shaped drain holes covered by this stuff - so at least the water will have somewhere to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts