Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first week of owning an Alfa has not gone well.
Picked up the car and had it for 3 days then dropped it back into the garage and didnt see it for 4 days.
I do hope this is not going to be the norm :mad:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
You've done the right thing................... get them to sort it .................. and then enjoy it.

......... and welcome to AO

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
dont despair pickle...you will get used to it :cheese:

whats wrong and where did you get her from???

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got her from Jeff White,

Had a look on here and dropped her off and said what the normal causes of the faults were, cruise control not working - said clutch sensor and boot squeeking - said needed new stops.
Then was told for 3 days that they could not work out what was wrong with the cruise control but boot had been done, when I picked her up I was told that it was the clutch sensor with the cruise control.
Found myself wondering why they didnt listen and check that first.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
because they obviously know best as we are plebs......say no more...had the same when the alternator and belt froze on mine...told them what it was made them read up info on here but they still left it til the last min to order parts and had her for 6 days.....Dutton Forshaw in Cardiff...rubbish

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
New or S/H?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Oh yes, welcome to AO, and good luck with her

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Unusally for Jeff Whites to care or indeed, put it right. Had a Pug from them some years ago and they didn't want to know about the faults.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO, hope all your problems are sorted........:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol, obviously we are just plebs and have not got the first clue what we are talking about.

All the problems are sorted now, i must say though apart from not listening and taking an age to sort
a simple problem, I have found Jeff White ok.lol

Car was purchased SH

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
my basic rule with SH is expect problems for the first year of ownership, if they aren't all fixed by the end of that period you should probably look at getting rid...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts