Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday (Sunday) I completed my very first Classic Car Reegularity Rally :D . I cannot begin to tell hom much I enjoyed it.
For those who do not know what it is, its a stage rally (on Tar ) where you have to get to specific points at a specific time.
Speed is not the focus, rather accurate time calculations and precision driving.
Both my navigator (my brother-in-law) and me are novices, so I am very impressed with the result.
We finished 49th overall (out of 70 ;) ) and 8th in class (out of 14).

Only one car DNF, and as can be expected it was a Triumph TR7 :p

I used my GT Junior, and my little gem completed the tasks admirably. :cool: I will post some pics.

Anyone else do these ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Always wanted to to something like this but lack a sutible car :rolleyes: Got a mate who completed the Plymouth - Dakar rally in a Ford Scorpio he and a friend bought off ebay for two hundred quid :D . There's a web site up somewhere, makes good reading. Now if I can only persuade the wife :p

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I've done Le Jog a couple of times - in an Imp (Oops), and it was tough but very rewarding. Bought a Guilia 1.6 Super just before Xmas with the intention of preparing that for historic rallies...maybe see you out on one!

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
I've never driven one, but I have been along for the ride. I really can understand the appeal. I keep meaning to do one for real one of these days.

It sounds like you had a good run. Good luck next time and don't forget to give us an update of how you make out. :)
--Toronto

1 - 6 of 6 Posts