Alfa Romeo Forum banner

My first leak

643 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Bealzbob
well not me personally :)

Was driving to work this morning. 'Twas raining pretty much all night last night. All of a sudden from the little black box-type-thingy that the rear-view mirror is connected to it started to drip. Nothing much, probably 4 or 5 drips but it looked like the thing had more water than that inside it !!!!

Does anyone elses leak like that ?? I searched the forum and couldn't find a topic relating so I presume it's new.

Obviously coming from the top of the windscreen or something :( Will have a closer look after work.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
take off the black box type thingy and poor water over the roof you should see it leaking easily..if you have a sun roof its more likely the drains are blocked.

· Registered
258 Posts
Hi Bealzbob,

Just a note of caution, if you have to get the windscreen changed, make sure they definitely have the right one, I got mine done a month ago, three windscreens later it was the right one, (i) 145 screen, (ii) french made Galent(crap)Lancia Dedra screen and finally an excellent Pilkington 155 screen :rolleyes:

Dermot

G

·
You can ask for an origonal Alfa screen (complete with all important Alfa logo) from places such as Autowindscreens. Had mine replaced on the insurance and you'd never know.

wrinx

· Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's not the windscreen (thankfully). It is the radio aerial that is leaking. Have been told to send it to Gerry Campbell, he'll take off the rear-view-mirror console and bung the hole from there. Not a big job. Phew :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.