Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well not me personally :)

Was driving to work this morning. 'Twas raining pretty much all night last night. All of a sudden from the little black box-type-thingy that the rear-view mirror is connected to it started to drip. Nothing much, probably 4 or 5 drips but it looked like the thing had more water than that inside it !!!!

Does anyone elses leak like that ?? I searched the forum and couldn't find a topic relating so I presume it's new.

Obviously coming from the top of the windscreen or something :( Will have a closer look after work.

J

·
0 Posts
take off the black box type thingy and poor water over the roof you should see it leaking easily..if you have a sun roof its more likely the drains are blocked.

S

·
0 Posts
Hi bealzbob
With all the rain we are having at the moment sell the car and get a speedboat wink wink
joe :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi Bealzbob,

Just a note of caution, if you have to get the windscreen changed, make sure they definitely have the right one, I got mine done a month ago, three windscreens later it was the right one, (i) 145 screen, (ii) french made Galent(crap)Lancia Dedra screen and finally an excellent Pilkington 155 screen :rolleyes:

Dermot

W

·
0 Posts
You can ask for an origonal Alfa screen (complete with all important Alfa logo) from places such as Autowindscreens. Had mine replaced on the insurance and you'd never know.

wrinx

·
Administrator
Tesla Model S
8,046 Posts
wrinx:
You can ask for an origonal Alfa screen (complete with all important Alfa logo) from places such as Autowindscreens. Had mine replaced on the insurance and you'd never know.

wrinx
Apart from the leaks of course;)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's not the windscreen (thankfully). It is the radio aerial that is leaking. Have been told to send it to Gerry Campbell, he'll take off the rear-view-mirror console and bung the hole from there. Not a big job. Phew :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts