Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fellow Alfa lovers, i got my lovely red 58k miles 51 plate 147 2.0 ltr lusso a week and a half ago and i stumbled on this very good site and i think its about time i said a big hello:thumbs: ...i've been browsing the numerous pages finding the positives and negatives on owning such a car.I think i got a good deal ..i had a 51 plate 112000 mile Peugeot 307 hdi which i part exchanged..i gave £100 and my pug for the Alfa which i thought was a good deal,however,the 147 only had 2 weeks mot but im pleased as it has just passed its mot a few hours ago with no problems...i must admit that driving this compared to the pug is so much different..its an absolute hoot and much better looking in my opinion. Looking through its past history its had a recent clutch and there is a bill for nearly 1300 pounds as the timing belt snapped at around 40k miles so im now quite aware of the importance of changing the belt at 36k or every 3 yrs.The only small issues i have with my car is the airbag light but i know there are many posts on the subject so i will endevour to sort it out at some time and a missing parcel shelf...well thats it for now and im sure i will hear from someone shortly..happy motoring!!

Kevin

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
welcome to AO:)

·
Premium Member
42,863 Posts
Hello Kevin and welcome to AO....... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts