Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 155 Has a green cloverleaf badge on the boot.i know on the old 33's this ment it was a performance spec model or something like that.,but im not sure what it means on my 155.
If it is indeed a cloverleaf model,what are the improvements over a stock model.? :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've heard about a "Cloverleaf" 155 in the UK but it was never an official model here...as far as I know. NZ may be different, does it have black wheels, wrap around boot spoiler and colour coded side skirts, if so it may be your equivelant of our Sportpack?

Welcome aboard ;)

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One or two peeps here (in the UK) claim to have a 155 V6 Cloverleaf. But as far as I know (and others have the same opinion), there was no such car, not in the UK anyway. Maybe the Badge has been stuck on by a previous owner ???

·
AO Silver Member, Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
1,315 Posts
As far as I'm aware only the 155 Q4 ever carried a Cloverleaf badge (officially) but, as the experts will tell you, Kiwi, it has a 2-litre turbo engine.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so the mystery continues.
I havent got the alfa in my driveway yet so i can only go off memory.but it does have the spoiler on the boot & is running 15" alfa Alloys.
I dont remember seeing anything about adjustable suspension,but then again i wasnt really looking.
But i quess it is possible that someone has put it on .its right next to the "155 V6" badge on the left side of the boot.it has a black spoiler/splitter on the front,& it sits quite low on the ground.
I cant recall to many other features apart from it goes like a cut cat. :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AlfaJack said:
model with active suspension? :confused:
It pretty much looks identicle to yours alfa jack.
But is a V6 & has normal alfa 15" alloys.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
:cool: Get us some pics when you get it, does it have the cloverleaf alloys(pic)? Well I think they are called cloverleaf alloys, my dad has 16" versions on his 164 super taken from his RIP 164 cloverleaf :( :eek:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AlfaJack said:
:cool: Get us some pics when you get it, does it have the cloverleaf alloys(pic)? Well I think they are called cloverleaf alloys, my dad has 16" versions on his 164 super taken from his RIP 164 cloverleaf :( :eek:
From memory they are very similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
marlon said:
One or two peeps here (in the UK) claim to have a 155 V6 Cloverleaf. But as far as I know (and others have the same opinion), there was no such car, not in the UK anyway. Maybe the Badge has been stuck on by a previous owner ???
Hi i am one of the peeps who claim to have a cloverleaf, mine has a green badge too, and so far seems a better spec than most of the v6's (not bragging) :D . Mine came with MOMO leather steering and gear knob, stainless steel pedals, has grooved rear brake discs, adj suspension and had the cloverleaf alloys in the picture below from ALFAJACK. I have recently changed the alloys and took pics of it but my pics are too large(518kb) to download on here, is there a way around this because i want to put a pic of my car but cant, unless i have to change my camera. :confused:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Oh when i gave my chasis number to a guy i was dealing with he told me it was a 155V6 SUPER. So i dont know what the Super spec is like, ive only heard of it but dont know what it has.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All the 155's have leather Momo gear nob and steering wheels. The rear discs will not be original as you know they can be changed easily. Stainless Steel pedals....my Silverstone has Momo Stainless pedals on it. The cloverleaf fake split rim alloys could be bought either second hand, or specified when the car was new.
So far all you have is the adjustable suspension which was fitted to some 155's as an option (only standard on the Q4 I think).

Not trying to diss your car, but the Cloverleaf badge has been added by someone else. If I put a "Turbo" badge on my V6....does that make it a turbo version ????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW...what does the V5 say ??

To post a piccy, use a program like Paintshop (or anything like it) to reduce the size of your piccies. If you get stuck. you can email the piccy to me and I'll resize it for you :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
marlon said:
BTW...what does the V5 say ??

To post a piccy, use a program like Paintshop (or anything like it) to reduce the size of your piccies. If you get stuck. you can email the piccy to me and I'll resize it for you :)
I'll try that now thanx for advice my v5 says 155 v6, but there is actually a mistake on my chasis number on my v5. I believe the guy who i gave the chasis number coz i was reading it from the car. So whats a Super spec like? Everything on the car looks original so i guessed it was all from alfa, i may have 1 or 2 old pics of it let me see....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, I'm covinced there is no such thing as a "proper" 155 Cloverleaf in the UK. They may however be dealer special options or just dodgy dealers sticking a badge on!

From your description Alfahta you have a standard V6 with a few go fatser additions. That steering wheel is an aftermarket max power jobby and so are the pedals...no offence meant!

The adjustable suspebnsion was available as an optional extra on V6's and standard on Q4's as Marlon suggested.

I have what I think is a full selection of UK dealer brochures and nowhere is there a Cloverleaf....but you're not on your own in thinking there is, I've seen it mentioned in a book by quite a prolific Alfa author :D

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
btw...the Super is just another way of naming 155's on the V5/parts CD, it came in about 1995 before the Sportpack (1995/6) but means very little as far as I (we) can work out.

wrinx

·
Registered
61 Posts
wrinx said:
btw...the Super is just another way of naming 155's on the V5/parts CD, it came in about 1995 before the Sportpack (1995/6) but means very little as far as I (we) can work out.

wrinx
Well if u guyz say so im not that well versed with these matters, ur the experts. My 155 is a 92 model, so was there actually any cloverleaf models produced?? If so what is the spec on that then we can have a base to compare the cars with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
by the way its all changed now, i have upgraded the interior gear knob and gaiter and hand brake thing to a nice silver grey trim to match my seats, and have a psg bodykit going on it next month. Will post pics of it as soon as i can work out how to reduce the size of them.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 155 Cloverleaf was actually the Q4, It is a 2.0litre 16v turbo and LHD.

The Super model sits 15mm higher than the other 155's and has wooden stuff on the dash and doors. That's about it...oh...and it was fitted with 195/55/15 tyres instead of 205/50/15 like all the other 155's.

Your steering wheel has been changed, but the original was a leather 3 spoke Momo wheel anyway.

Could you give us your chassis number(s) ???
We could check and tell you exactly what your car is (or should be). Bit concerned by the mistake on the V5 though :eek:

·
Registered
61 Posts
marlon said:
The 155 Cloverleaf was actually the Q4, It is a 2.0litre 16v turbo and LHD.

The Super model sits 15mm higher than the other 155's and has wooden stuff on the dash and doors. That's about it...oh...and it was fitted with 195/55/15 tyres instead of 205/50/15 like all the other 155's.

Your steering wheel has been changed, but the original was a leather 3 spoke Momo wheel anyway.

Could you give us your chassis number(s) ???
We could check and tell you exactly what your car is (or should be). Bit concerned by the mistake on the V5 though :eek:
Rite i c now, the mistake on my v5 is they printed 5 0's instead of six, but the car is ok coz police did a check on it. ;) But now i guess u c why i thot mine was a cloverleaf, it had all these upgrades and the cloverleaf alloys which i have got rid of now and the badge. :lol:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts