Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Today is a special day for me because not only did I just buy my first alpha, it is my first car. It is a 2012 Alpha Romeo Mito sprint 1.4 Multiair producing 105bhp. I am already looking to make some mods including a new cold air intake system and perhaps a new infotainment system.
I'm looking forward to being part of this community,
Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
75 Posts
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. I made a similar choice and also went for a 1.4 Mito as my first car. I quickly learned it was a waste of time and money thinking about mods, any non turbo Mito will see very minor returns from engine mods, unless you spend alot of money on internal stuff like cams and a proper sports exhaust, so I'd stick with standard. A new head unit however would be a great idea, you can get a single din facia with a cubby hole for your phone or loose change, or a double din facia, both would work well as the existing infotainment is lacking features badly. Make sure you get the wiring to be able to hook up the wheel mounted buttons to the head unit. Enjoy your new Alfa!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum. I made a similar choice and also went for a 1.4 Mito as my first car. I quickly learned it was a waste of time and money thinking about mods, any non turbo Mito will see very minor returns from engine mods, unless you spend alot of money on internal stuff like cams and a proper sports exhaust, so I'd stick with standard. A new head unit however would be a great idea, you can get a single din facia with a cubby hole for your phone or loose change, or a double din facia, both would work well as the existing infotainment is lacking features badly. Make sure you get the wiring to be able to hook up the wheel mounted buttons to the head unit. Enjoy your new Alfa!
After driving the car for a few days I've realised two things:
1. I don't actually need any more power from it.
2. There is something quite nice about having a stock car especially something as special as an Alfa.
Having said that, I still want to swap out the head unit so I'll have a look at the one you mentioned. Thank you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts