Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Picked up my new Alfa Romeo Today and i think i have fallen in love:inlove:

a 52 Plate 156 2.5 V6 Veloce 1 in gabbiano blue with black leather and Facelift interior

good god it goes like Sh*t from the proverbial shovel :D
i am very impressed with the engine and ride and heres to many a mile of blissful alfa motoring:cool:

wil post some pics tomorrow if it is nice
will have a go at pampering her first with a large amout of turtle wax :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am 3 months into my first Alfa - the same as yours but a couple of years older. As you say, it goes like stink and so much fun to drive.:) I work for Aston Martin and it is great to drive a fun car that is within my budget. Enjoy!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers People

I have been wishing that my drive to work was longer than it is so i could get a good Alfa roar going when warm and on a decent road.

i have nearly 100 miles commute on Mondays, every other day it is about 8-10 depending on route. i have found that it isn’t as poor on economy as some people were making it out to be. if you drive sensibly so it gives you more fuel for when you want to thunder round Wales :D

It is two different cars rolled into one. a comfortable cruiser superb for the longer journeys and a country lane blaster that will eat most other thing on the road :cool: can see why Clarkson likes the engine

The interior is such a nice place to be to. it's not like sinking into an armchair but it isn’t like a Scooby seat hard and unforgiving to the ass over bumps

to summarise a cracking car for use anytime anyplace with an engine not that makes me want to wet myself :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well, I've finally joined the party too.

Just got home tonight with my very own first Alfa. It's a 54 plate 156 2.4 JTDm Lusso in metallic grey with beige leather. The cold and ice on the roads meant that I obviously couldn't have too much fun testing its limits this evening, but being cautious got me over 60mpg on the way back from the dealer. It's the first time in years I'm excited about the 50 mile drive to work tomorrow!

Only challenge now is working out all the buttons. The Connect SatNav and Sound system has got me totally confused at first glance. I've never been so stuck changing radio stations! And as for the Telephone functions and SatNav... no clue. I'm also not sure of the details of operating the Cruise Control as I've not had that feature before.

Are there any online resources, or PDF owners manuals? If not, has anyone got any spare ownders handbooks for sale perhaps?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts