Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just signed on the dotted line for a 2002 156 2.0JTS and looking forward to picking it up next week. It's my first Alfa (although I used to drive my Dad's 156 a few years back) and I can't wait to get behind the wheel and see what she can really do.

I'll be reading past postings on this forum but in the meantime is there anything that I should know about 156's? Any handling quirks or serious problems with the 2.0L JTS engine or drivetrain etc?

It has 60,000km (about 37,000 miles) on the clock which I figured was OK for an '02 model. I test drove a Selespeed but didn't really get on with it, call me old-fashioned but I do love a manual transmission - you know where you are with a manual ;)

As soon as I get a chance I'll try and post a couple of pics.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the forums.
Paul.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi Paul,
Welcome to AO.:)
Enjoy the 156 - there's a fair few members with the 2.0JTS engine here to help.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hi, and remember to check the oil regularly :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to AO.

Thanks also for the advice offered and I'll be sure to post some pics of my new baby when I get her home on Tuesday :)

As soon as I test drove her I knew it was the right car. Everything was still really sharp and taught. The steering was crisp and very "pointy" with plenty of feedback. The engine sounded so sweet and really suprised me with the amount of power, even from pretty low down, that she could unleash. The interior is like brand new and the leather is just immaculate - I think that I have picked a good one.

First jobs will be:

1. Wash and wax and polish
2. Replace standard head unit with something a bit better
3. Go and have some fun driving!!!

(not necessarily in that order though ;) )

Looking forward to getting to know all you guys (and gals!) better.
Cheers!
Paul.

BTW Alfa20V, where abouts do you live? I am originally from Sheffield. I have been over here in Oz for a couple of years now but I do kind of miss the old place a bit now and again! It's good to natter with folk from my part of the world - cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts