Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have just plucked up the courage to introduce myself, I have had my car for 4 months, and although I love it, I have had nothing but problems with it! It's a 156 2.4 JTD 20v (remapped), great to drive!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO.....any piccies of your bella? ;) :)

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Hi Savannah - Welcome to the club.

My GTA is 4 months old now, and will be going in for its 1st service next month accompanied by a list of minor faults (mostly intermittant electrical gremlins). However I'm totally smitten and wouldn't trade it for any other car :)

AM

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO, both of you & yes do post some piccies.

There are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum that should be able to give pointers on what to do about yor problems :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yep, whether you are able to fix the faults yourself or not, it's good to know what the problems are, or just good to share them. :)

Welcome!

Buck

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. The major fault I found on my Alfa within a few weeks of owning it :mad: was the 'motor control failure' - after testing it was found to need a new turbo! After a lot of messing (weeks and weeks of it) and a forced meeting, the dealer managed to get a new turbo and fitted it this week. Seems that it may be a design fault and the manufacturer of the turbos has had to redesign it. Anyway, to cut a long story short its back on the road now, will have to get some pics soon, its in Alfa red and the dealer has polished it for me, so it looks great. They gave me a GT to ride in for the last week (to keep me happy) it looked the business but it was a little slow, lol! (1.9JTD)

Also, the airbag light has come on a couple of times and it needed a new fuel gauge sender, all this in a car that's not 18mths old yet!

I have had a look around the forum and I think that it's great that you share all your problems! Bye for now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts