Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone.....

Had my Alfa two weeks now and just found this great site.

My new motor is a 2000 X 156 2.5 V6 and i'm totally hooked, i've never had a car i've enjoyed driving so much....i have to keep finding excuses to go out! As far as i'm aware it's pretty stock bar a front splitter and ragazzon back box and the sp3 rear spoiler has been removed and a smaller version fitted which i actually prefer anyway.

Thought i was gonna have to pay to join the AROC site but in all honesty this site seems better, keep up the good work.

Barry
Letchworth, Hertfordshire.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mr.orange said:
hello and welcome baccus999... :D

would you happen to have any pics of your car that you would like to post :)
Thanks for the welcome Mr Orange....i have some pretty lo res photos...not too great. If the weather holds out this weekend i'll do some better ones!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Barry. Love to see some pics of your car when you have them. :cool:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
baccus999 said:
Hello Everyone.....

Had my Alfa two weeks now and just found this great site.

My new motor is a 2000 X 156 2.5 V6 and i'm totally hooked, i've never had a car i've enjoyed driving so much....i have to keep finding excuses to go out! As far as i'm aware it's pretty stock bar a front splitter and ragazzon back box and the sp3 rear spoiler has been removed and a smaller version fitted which i actually prefer anyway.

Thought i was gonna have to pay to join the AROC site but in all honesty this site seems better, keep up the good work.

Barry
Letchworth, Hertfordshire.

Nothing better than AO and welcome. If you need another excuse:
go wash your car and take her out for a spin to dry off the water :D

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
selespeed said:
Congrats mate. The Alfa V6 is the best. Have fun!
:confused: Are you sure about that statement :confused: ;)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I'm sure he is. ;)

Welcome on board. :cool:

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
Welcome aboard Barry :cool: The weather forecast is good so give her a good wash & polish & get busy with the camera asap!

I'm also about 2 weeks into the world of Alfa ownership and it's a FINE experience :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
@ Hugo: I am not, him having had a 147, a spider, a Giulia and now a 156.

Hans, could you tell us about the sheer enjoyment of a V6. Would love to read your opinion on it as you are able to do it in an exciting manner!
(notice the absence of emoticons)...

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I have a couple of movies that can testify what Hans think about the v6 (GTA and SZ). ;)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers Mr Orange....

but i think i might have my first problem....just been to Tesco a couple of miles away and i noticed when i pulled up to the car in front i could see moisture in the air in my headlights...nothing wrong there i hear you say but this wasn't coming from his exhaust but from behind my grill!

Pulled over at the first petrol station and sure enough it was coming from my radiator (i think)....checked my water and it was very low so i topped up.

Still the steam in the air...not bad but bad enough.

I also noticed that the fans never came on once either there or back...which seems odd as they usually come on even on short journey's?

Looks like i'm gonna need a new radiator? :(

·
Registered
114 Posts
welcome to ao m8... alfa's r the best... apart from servicing cost's er running cost's oh yea parts cost... other than that m8 we cant gripe... if u do though there is a rant room for just that sort of gripe... enjoy.... :cheese:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts