Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Hi there

My name is Lee and after many years of promising myself an Alfa of my own I've finally taken the plunge and plumped for a Jan 04 registered 156 2.9 JTS Veloce.

After being brought up on an automotive diet of Fiats and Alfas (Mostly limited to 33s I admit) in South Africa I'm now in the position (I'm 32 now) to trade in my trusty Fiat Marea 2.0 20v for this lovely machine.

Doubtless I'll be seeking your advice in the coming months though any ownership tips are appreciated now if you've got them.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Hi Lee, welcome on board! :)

Any piccies of your 156 (2.0JTS ;)) that you would like to share with us? :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sadly not Throttleman. We do have a digi camera but haven't got around to getting the thing set up yet...

It's in Brunello Red with the beige interior with, I think, Alfatex upholstery. Seems rather like good old fashioned Suede to me.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Pity... but you gave a good description. Must look great! :cool:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Yeah ;) fantastic. :cool:

A neighbor here has one like that with the 17" wheels. :cool: He's a famous pianist. Before he had a Golf IV GTI. Thank god the man have seen the light. :D

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Blackburnlee said:
:cool: Hi there

My name is Lee and after many years of promising myself an Alfa of my own I've finally taken the plunge and plumped for a Jan 04 registered 156 2.9 JTS Veloce.

After being brought up on an automotive diet of Fiats and Alfas (Mostly limited to 33s I admit) in South Africa I'm now in the position (I'm 32 now) to trade in my trusty Fiat Marea 2.0 20v for this lovely machine.

Doubtless I'll be seeking your advice in the coming months though any ownership tips are appreciated now if you've got them.
2.9 whow those are rare ;) BTW welcome

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:cool: Oops!! Slip of the keyboard I'm afraid.

Anyone know of how I can get hold of some mudflaps for the veloce? I'm told that the side skirts don't allow flaps to be fitted but I can't believe that there's none around that fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for that Black Beauty. They definately look better without the writing on them.

I'm just a bit disappointed that Alfa don't do a set of bespoke ones. My Fiat Marea has some small plastic moudings (There're too small to be called flaps) which look good and do the job so why can't Alfa do some?

I'm going to pop into my local Alfa dealer sometime tomorrow and see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Welcome to AO, Lee :)

Nice car you have there :cool:

I notice your location says you are in Fareham (Hants?) - I will look out for you (I'm based in Lee-on-Solent)

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Welcome to AO Lee :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alas Green Cloverleaf I haven't taken delivery yet. I'm hoping that it'll be a week today. Can't wait...

We'll have to meet up once I've got the little beauty in my grubby paws...

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Blackburnlee said:
Alas Green Cloverleaf I haven't taken delivery yet. I'm hoping that it'll be a week today. Can't wait...
My mistake, I thought the pic posted by Hans was actually your car :eek:

Blackburnlee said:
We'll have to meet up once I've got the little beauty in my grubby paws...
Hmm, yes. I think we will have to organise a "Hampshire meet" :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Green Cloverleaf said:
Hmm, yes. I think we will have to organise a "Hampshire meet" :)
Can I go? :D ;)

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO Lee. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dear All

Now that I've taken delivery of the 156 it would be good to meet some fellow Alfisti. I'm based in Fareham here in Hants. Any suggestions on where I can meet up with fellow Alfaowner people?

By the way the car is lovely. Just been out for a spin this evening.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts