Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey up fellas, been humming and arrghin for weeks after having a play in a friend of a friends 147 GTA. Finally bought one tonight, and the bug has kicked in already. :) Been on fleabay already buying bits to tart it up little:cheese:

Firstly I Know theres probably a million post on doing this but can anyone tell me how to swap the heater console panel etc. After seeing some of the pics posted on here. Bought the silver effect one, cupholder/ashtray bits for a tenner.. Bargain

Secondly has anyone got/ know of someone having the GT centre console to add that extra touch

Ta Phil

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Welcome to the club :D. What colour etc is it? :)

Im not sure about the heater but the tray and cupholder just pull out. Get them both so they are sticking out of the dash & hold them close to the dash as you can & pull it up and out (you might have to wiggle it a bit but thats how mine came out). Not seen a GTA with the GT center console in but i have seen it on a non GTA 147

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
If you sell it and buy a 156, you won't have to worry about cup holders at all. Plus it'll look better from the outside too!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's silver, I wanted a red or a White but couldn't find one for right money miles etc. Black with blue leather. 48k on the clock on a o3 plate.. 350mm brake upgrade. Dealer weren't to sure on q2 diff and I can't find any papers etc on that but I'm sure I can find out

Thanks for the advice LJ.. I saw one listed on fleabay link from someone on here who said it's a straight fit apart from gearstick gaiter?

I looked at numerous 147 and 156's and the 147 just looks better to me externally anyhow. Internally its let down but hey can't have everything right

·
Vendor
45,777 Posts
156 uncomfortable? You're have a whole herd of Giraffes :lol:
147 GTA seats are more comfortable for me. I don't find 156 GTA seats all that comfortable, but it is personal preference I suppose. Sport leather (optional in non-GTA 156s and 147s and standard in the GT 3.2) I find the most comfortable of all.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Hey I didn't say the 156 was uncomfortable, just the 147 more comfortable.

The 156 seats feel like you sit on them but the 147 seats feel like you are sitting down in them. Much softer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Operation Alfa, I'll drop him a line now

As for the seats, I thought my Audi leathers were the comfiest I'd ever sat in till I perched me sel in the Alfa, the seat just envelopes round you

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I noticed my back aching a bit after 3hrs on my way to Manchester the other day, but after about five minutes it sorted itself out and I was fine for the last two hours.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts