Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from (a Brit in) the Netherlands.
I've just replaced my ageing 2001 BMW 325 E46 Convertible with a 159 2.4 JTD 20v from 2004.

Originally, I was looking for a sensible diesel sedan for commuting. Like a Passat, Saab 93 or Volvo S40.

Then I saw this immaculate Berlina in the classifieds, with a FSH, new clutch, and gorgeous interior. Everything works, and the dealer even included new brakes and tyres all round. The fact it was also 20% cheaper than any of the alternatives I looked at, I eventually convinced myself, "go on.... how bad can it be?!" I've fancied Alfa Romeos for a long time.

Its great to drive and the 2.4 has loads of pull. The only squeaks come from the armrest when you lean on it. Fair enough.

The first thing I'm trying to figure out, is where to get the retrofit cup holders that sit near the gear box.

Cheers,
Rik

Attachments

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Hello and welocme, nice car. it is a 156 'facelift' though not a 159 - doesn't matter though still a lovely car, enjoy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welocme, nice car. it is a 156 'facelift' though not a 159 - doesn't matter though still a lovely car, enjoy.
You're right, a typo 156 facelift.
I'd been scouring the 159 ads, to see they're either low spec, high km... some were even up around 330-350,000km.
Then this one popped up at 184,000km and half the price of a tired 159.

·
Administrator
88,052 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. I bought it on Saturday 18th. Insured it on Tuesday and took out new breakdown cover. Then I picked it up with new battery, tyres, brakes and fluids on Wednesday. Broke down the first time on Saturday 25th!!
I had to laugh. It's kind of expected.

Hahaha...
Long story short, turns out an undersized battery caused power fluctuations. The engine management system threw a hissy fit.

New bigger battery. All good (for) now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts