Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Got my first alpha last month. Love it. However, I have a couple of concerns that I'm hoping you can help me with.

1) wet passenger footwell - have seen a few threads on here that point to a drainage pipe under bonnet that could be blocked with leaves etc. I notice a water mark that rises up the fabric covering the windscreen bit between the dash and roof when it rains heavily.

2) a squealing noise when travelling 35mph. sounds primarily drivers side but that may just be because I'm sat on that side ;)

Has anyone got any ideas?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers

Lady Addick

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
Re: My first alpha....help! some concerns

Hello Mam :D
The wet passenger's foot well may also be caused by a mis guided Air con dump pipe (I have a similar problem, but it only happens about once a year. Your best bet to get advice on things like this is to post your questions in the technical lounge. If you get techy talk answers back just ask for it in plain English. They don't bite (often :lol: )

Welcome to AO. Enjoy.

M

·
0 Posts

welcome to AO..

all the best

mike....:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

Hello and Welcome to Alfa ownership !! :D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts

1) wet passenger footwell - have seen a few threads on here that point to a drainage pipe under bonnet that could be blocked with leaves etc. I notice a water mark that rises up the fabric covering the windscreen bit between the dash and roof when it rains heavily.

2) a squealing noise when travelling 35mph. sounds primarily drivers side but that may just be because I'm sat on that side ;)
Hi, welcome to AO :)

I can't help with number one, but the squealing could be a dry wheel bearing, something caught in the brakes (a stone for example), worn out brake pads or discs, or you've run over a pig and it's stuck under your car ;)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts

Good article in back-posts somewhere on the air-con drainage outlet iirc. Bit involved though, I think?:confused: Carpet up, and then the pitch like sound deadening chopped away, until the pipe is exposed, and then a wire coat hanger pushed through to clear it? May have this well wrong, but worth checking?:):

1 - 10 of 10 Posts