Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the whole world of forums but having recently confirmed my true petrol-head status by buying this beaut, I thought now might be the time. Instantly in love with it and immediately see why it still has it's Passion & Soul etc stigma (I appreciate an 05 156 isn't exactly a SZ or 2000).

Basically posting this as I'm sure I'm going to experience a whole world of issues...

I bought this extremely cheap as it hadn't had an MOT since early 2017 (which it failed) but having put it through an MOT recently and it only needing 2 front tyres, wiper blades and new handbrake cables, I struggle to believe things are going to go as smoothly in future.

Already a couple of issues which I'll go on to mention in due course. Please be nice...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Nice car, and welcome!

Some cars are destined to be a lemon. It's lasted 15 years so far so I would think that it is not a lemon.

You will have some issues. Any car has issues. Watch for rust! I'm not sure if the later final facelift 156's are better than the earlier ones in that regard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice car, and welcome!

Some cars are destined to be a lemon. It's lasted 15 years so far so I would think that it is not a lemon.

You will have some issues. Any car has issues. Watch for rust! I'm not sure if the later final facelift 156's are better than the earlier ones in that regard.
Thank you for this, I know rust and electric issues are the biggies to watch out for - hopefully I don't get hit by a bitter aftertaste!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts