Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I've always liked Chris Rea's " Driving home for Christmas "......not really THAT chessy though, just a good song, methinks !!!!.......:thumbs:

He also does a brilliant take on the festive season on his " Joys of Christmas " which is about Xmas up North, and is very apt indeed. Not a happy track though !!!!.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I've always liked Chris Rea's " Driving home for Christmas "......not really THAT chessy though, just a good song, methinks !!!!.......:thumbs:

He also does a brilliant take on the festive season on his " Joys of Christmas " which is about Xmas up North, and is very apt indeed. Not a happy track though !!!!.......:rolleyes:

YouTube - Chris Rea - Joys Of Christmas (2009)

it's certainly a grim track. chris rea is from my home town and a very talented songwriter and musician IMO :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine would have to be one of two.....neither of them cheesy though

Pogues & Kirsty McColl - Fairytale of New York, for me it's not xmas until i have heard that on the radio

the other is not actually a Christmas song, it just has a Christmas feeling about it

Freihiet - keeping the dream alive

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
it's certainly a grim track. chris rea is from my home town and a very talented songwriter and musician IMO :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

Yes, certainly agree with you there, I've been a fan since his " Benny Santini " album, and seen him live many times, including this Year. Just glad to see him back gigging after such a serious illness too.........:thumbs:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Meanwhile.....back on topic.......;)

I've just seen Wham on T.V. and that bloody awful " Last Christmas " video ( AGAIN )........:rolleyes:

So, I'm going for THAT song being the cheesiest Xmas song !!!!!.........:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts