0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I wanted anti-clockwise ones :mad:

Foopin Alfas!! :rant:

;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Awww thank god, i thought it was just mine that had those. Was going to ring my dealer tomorow and get it booked in. My fuel economy is rubbish also, will they be able to fix that do you think?

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
O/S wheel bolts should be LH thread, N/S wheel bolts should be R/H thread, and dust caps should be anti-or clockwise right and left side, twist backwards and forwards any old way, for simplicities sake. :thumbs: Frumpin' motors Eh, Boys and Gals?:D :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O/S wheel bolts should be LH thread, N/S wheel bolts should be R/H thread, and dust caps should be anti-or clockwise right and left side, twist backwards and forwards any old way, for simplicities sake. :thumbs: Frumpin' motors Eh, Boys and Gals?:D :lol:
...and while we are at it, let's always have the valves all pointing the same way (I prefer them at the top of the wheel facing down) so I can tell my clockwise from my anticlockwise.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Aah this is a common fault on the V6 - simple fix is disconnect the battery for 23 hours & 55 minutes
HTH
:cheese:
:cheese::cheese::cheese::p

·
Registered
380 Posts
my rear lights are discuised as my rear fogs atm :cheese::cheese:

Although no-one would know, Pain in the bum having to remember to put my back fogs on when dark but hay ho! Don't think Mr Mot garage would be too pleased. I just love Alfa electrics!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think that's bad, my 156 hasn't got any handles on the back doors. I may have to sell it because my kids are fed up of clambering over the front seats and there's footprints everywhere.

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Whilst we're on the subject, what's the deal with having to check the oil regularly? :confused: Sometimes I even have to add some! :eek:

What is it about high performance quad-cam, 24 valve V6 engines that make them so highly strung? :(

I never had this problem with my Austin Maestro 1.3. :)

Should I take my car to an Alfa dealer for checking? I really don't think this is acceptable at all.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Post a new thread in one of the tech. sections - it doesn't seem to matter which one, but I know where I'd put it. ;) How about "What oil should I use?"

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
Post a new thread in one of the tech. sections - it doesn't seem to matter which one, but I know where I'd put it. ;) How about "What oil should I use?"
Oh, I already know the answer to that one. After several abortive attempts to use extra virgin olive oil, massage oil and snake oil, I now know I should be using engine oil. :thumbs:

But thanks anyway, mudhut!

PS: Anyone know what those zips on the seats are for? :confused:

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I find on mine that to go round corners the wheel shaped thing in front of me has to be turned in the appropriate direction it's all hard work to be honest and I could do without the hassle.
Also Alfa decided to make the back seats more comfy than the fronts but stupidly put the pedals and other stuff in the front :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts